Skirmish admirals deleted after game freeze

We'll help you troubleshoot issues with Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
jack varus

Skirmish admirals deleted after game freeze

Postby jack varus » 19 October 2016, 22:31

I've had a couple of instances of losing my single player skirmish admirals.
BFG locks up after a few games quite often, I'm not sure what the cause is- I can only hypothesize that it's a window popping up in the OS and trying to pull out of fullscreen. I can't find out for sure though because the computer simply locks and nothing will get a response so diagnostics are impossible.
Upon launching the game again, the admiral I had been using in the skirmish window is simply gone. I'd just unlocked my first Demiurg vessel playing with a friend so it was a little annoying. I'm going to guess the save was corrupted and there's no way to get it back.

FocusTechSupport
Focus Team

Re: Skirmish admirals deleted after game freeze

Postby FocusTechSupport » 20 October 2016, 08:18

Please run BFGA in Windowed mode in order to check if there is a notification (or something else) while running the game:

Click on OPTIONS and select 'Windowed' from WINDOW TYPE.
Click on OK and restart the game.

We recommend to scan your computer with AdwCleaner https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdown ... dwcleaner/ and Malwarebytes (free edition) https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

jack varus

Postby jack varus » 20 October 2016, 21:30

Thanks for the advice on windowed mode (I hadn't thought to check for a fullscreen window. Oops. I'm fairly confident the pop up would be a notification my motherboard sends after my CPU hits a certain temperature. I've moved recently and it is extremely hot in my room, my computer can't take it, in spite of fairly aggressive liquid cooling.

Focus_Jolan
Focus Team

Postby Focus_Jolan » 24 October 2016, 08:30

Hello,

Can you go to this folder "C:\Users\"PC Name"\AppData\Local\BattleFleetGothic\Saved\SaveGames\Profile"

And see if your profile is here.
If it was, can you add it in reply to this post in an archive please?

Thank you.
Jolan - Focus Team

Return to “Technical Support”