Ship captains do not level up, bug?

We'll help you troubleshoot issues with Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Nzoli86

Ship captains do not level up, bug?

Postby Nzoli86 » 17 June 2016, 05:56

So. I've noticed ~1 week ago, that after reaching Admiral level 8 (in multiplayer, with imperial fleet, orks and chaos) lower level ship captains do not level up, no matter I win or not (and of course in cases they survive the battle). They do not get any more skills or upgrades, only crew points and renown. It looks like the XP bar is stuck.

Because of this, most of my ships are stuck at middle level, for example, the despoiler battleship, which has only 2 skill slots.

Is this a bug, or have I missed something? Very annoying issue, because I hardly have a chance to win in 600+ renown battles.

Shall I start a new fleet? Thank you for your help in advance!

Focus_Jolan
Focus Team

Re: Ship captains do not level up, bug?

Postby Focus_Jolan » 27 June 2016, 12:45

Hi Nzoli86,

There is a known issue that is:
- The experience bar of all ship doesn't display the gain of XP on the score screen.

But experience is still applied, it's "just" a GUI issue.
Can you confirm that your ships gain experience please?

Thank you.
Jolan - Focus Team

battle_brother
(Former) Alpha Tester

Postby battle_brother » 04 July 2016, 15:23

I seem to be having the same issue, no visual indication of progression. I did get a crew point for a ship so it looks like it is still getting applied though; I'll confirm once I'm sure.

If this is a Known Issue can it be added to the Known Issues? It's not currently listed here or on Steam, and us gamers love our Progression so I'd imagine a lot of people will be querying it.
"If you must fight an Ultramarine, pray you kill him. If he is still alive, then you are dead."

battle_brother
(Former) Alpha Tester

Postby battle_brother » 04 July 2016, 15:25

I can also confirm that this is with a L8 Skirmish Space Marine Captain and a L8 Spire in the Campaign.
"If you must fight an Ultramarine, pray you kill him. If he is still alive, then you are dead."

battle_brother
(Former) Alpha Tester

Postby battle_brother » 05 July 2016, 06:40

Checked this morning and confirmed in Single Player Campaign. Ships would not show any change to XP bar or to ship level during post-mission screen, but the ships XP and level were increasing when viewed in Port Maw.

Again this is with a L8 Admiral Spire.

At this point I'm assuming whatever rule prevents XP from showing against a maxed out Admiral Level in post mission is also being applied to ship Captains.

Focus_Jolan
Focus Team

Postby Focus_Jolan » 07 July 2016, 09:25

Hi,

It'll be fix with the next patch soon.

Thank you.
Jolan - Focus Team

Return to “Technical Support”