Space Marines Announcement & Screenshots!

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Space Marines Announcement & Screenshots!

Postby Imperator5 » 12 June 2016, 19:49

Perturabo-Liberal wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:Think the devs scarpped the idea of the army painter.

What makes you think so? Did devs say anything about this particular aspect?
Because the part of GUI that was supposed to allow you to change your fleet's color scheme, the one to the right of the renown counter, is still there, it just has the lock sign on it.
I'd say if they did scrap the idea thay would just remove that element altogether.

Because they choose to put in 5 chapters. Use Logic.

If they wanted to put in an army painter, they would just give us general space marine fleet which we could than army paint to whatever chapter we desire.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Perturabo-Liberal

Postby Perturabo-Liberal » 12 June 2016, 20:10

Imperator5 wrote:
Perturabo-Liberal wrote:

Because the part of GUI that was supposed to allow you to change your fleet's color scheme, the one to the right of the renown counter, is still there, it just has the lock sign on it.
I'd say if they did scrap the idea thay would just remove that element altogether.

If they wanted to put in an army painter, they would just give us general space marine fleet which we could than army paint to whatever chapter we desire.

I don't see the problem here. Adding a favor changes the model and paint pattern. There is nothing wrong in allowing us to change the colors within the bounds of those patterns.

Drakausa

Postby Drakausa » 12 June 2016, 20:34

It has always seemed an interesting point to me that in most games the ability to 'color' parts of a 'character...ie ship in gothic', has been something of a problem. I cannot believe it is a programming problem but possibly the architecture of the game engines that may present difficulties. Many games added some form of 'colorizing' well after a launch and increasing player pressure. Takes time, money, intent and game engine adaptability.

I want my SM ships to match those in my miniatures box here at home. Aquamarine and White ( I was a Dolphins football fan many years ago). Doubt this can or will happen. Want an entire SM fleet or squadron with enough points to get them in a game before I grow older and tired of game. Punishing enough play as is, why put off our dreams any further?

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 13 June 2016, 06:26

Perturabo-Liberal wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Perturabo-Liberal wrote:

I don't see the problem here. Adding a favor changes the model and paint pattern. There is nothing wrong in allowing us to change the colors within the bounds of those patterns.

Honestly, adding it in just so you can change between 3 barely perceptible shades of dark green (because GW won't let you have pink dark angels) is just not worth it.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Scorch715

Postby Scorch715 » 13 June 2016, 07:36

The most likely thing to happen is that the fleet painter will come out as intended, but any favours overwrite your selection and make it the appropriate colours

Perturabo-Liberal

Postby Perturabo-Liberal » 13 June 2016, 11:04

Imperator5 wrote:
Perturabo-Liberal wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

Honestly, adding it in just so you can change between 3 barely perceptible shades of dark green (because GW won't let you have pink dark angels) is just not worth it.

You can kinda circumvent this by stating these are not necessarily Dark Angels, but rather a succesor chapter of theirs. Wouldn't really work for space puppies, but there is no way every succesor chapter uses the same basic color scheme as the one they branch from.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 13 June 2016, 11:31

Mr Morden wrote:I am just hoping we have a choice of which Chapter in the Imperial Navy favour :)

Variety in ships appearance is cool!

A ship painter is in the works, so you'll get your wish.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 13 June 2016, 11:33

They've said nothing of the sort, but have confirmed an army painter in the past.
So its coming, they are just most likely being slow, as always.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Vahouth

Postby Vahouth » 13 June 2016, 12:05

So I guess, Imperial Fists are vanilla and Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Dark Angels and Blood Angels will be the favor variants, correct?

Kiljael

Postby Kiljael » 13 June 2016, 13:09

Hmm, I#m missing the Black Templars, since they're the Crusaders and they should be in a gothic game

Return to “News & Announcements”