Space Marines Announcement & Screenshots!

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Kadaeux

Re: Space Marines Announcement & Screenshots!

Postby Kadaeux » 12 June 2016, 02:47

Necroledo wrote:Such awesome :) Now I'm very curious about how will they be played, and what will each favour bring. Still sad we don't get Iron Hands...

Honestly, I originally called for it to be the announced lineup but with Black Templars instead of Imperial Fists. But this was really early on before the Fists presence in the game (at all) was confirmed. When they were I said it'd probably be Imperial Fists default, the rest of the announced as the "favours".

There really was no chance (IMO) that it wouldn't be the literal codex chapters (Ones with Codexes :p) over less well advertised chapters.

Auzor

Postby Auzor » 12 June 2016, 12:09

/cries
21st of June?
That's the week I'll be abroad for work...

and shortly afterwards, I'll go on some holidays.

Oh well..
Hurry up the Tau then :p

Skeptical of the whole chapter-approach: a fleet with an Imperial fist ship, 2 space wolf ships, one ultramarine and a blood angel ship would be strange imo.
BTW: technically, all 5 chapters are known now, as the OP listed all 5.
That means no salamanders, white scars, iron hands, raven guard, ...
I thought an army painter was being worked on; but how would that work vs chapters as upgrades..

Mav

Postby Mav » 12 June 2016, 12:49

I hope we will see more balance updates alongside the marines.
Btw how do I check which version of the game I own?
As in, to check if I will or will not get the factions

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 12 June 2016, 14:49

Think the devs scarpped the idea of the army painter.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 12 June 2016, 14:59

Imperator5 wrote:Think the devs scarpped the idea of the army painter.

The blame obviously rests on the favor system as you need to be able to identify what favors ship has but still....

:|
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Azrael

Postby Azrael » 12 June 2016, 16:11

Netheos wrote:The secretive Dark Angels hold traditions and rituals that date back to the earliest days of the Imperium - they were the first Legion, and one of the most powerful. Every single Dark Angel wishes atonement for a great sin their brothers committed long ago on their homeworld, Caliban. These monastic Space Marines have only a single goal: To eliminate the Fallen Angels, the Dark Angels that have given in to the temptations of Chaos during the Horus Heresy.

Being the Unforgiven nerd that I am, I need to point out an error with the above highlighted statement. Every single Dark Angel does not wish atonement for the sins of the Fallen, as the majority of the Chapter are not aware of the Fallen. They simply follow the orders of their leaders. It is the Deathwing alone that is aware of the Fallen and it is their mission to bring the Fallen to justice so the Interrogator-Chaplain can make them repent.

Perturabo-Liberal

Postby Perturabo-Liberal » 12 June 2016, 18:05

Imperator5 wrote:Think the devs scarpped the idea of the army painter.

What makes you think so? Did devs say anything about this particular aspect?
Because the part of GUI that was supposed to allow you to change your fleet's color scheme, the one to the right of the renown counter, is still there, it just has the lock sign on it.
I'd say if they did scrap the idea thay would just remove that element altogether.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 12 June 2016, 18:28

Perturabo-Liberal wrote:What makes you think so? Did devs say anything about this particular aspect?
Because the part of GUI that was supposed to allow you to change your fleet's color scheme, the one to the right of the renown counter, is still there, it just has the lock sign on it.
I'd say if they did scrap the idea thay would just remove that element altogether.

because its not realistically possible to color ships when favors pretty much color the entire ship (and play an important role in ship identification, example a red ork ship lets you know it has a trakktor) already so the most we can do is "trim" it

which is not really an army painter then
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like

Perturabo-Liberal

Postby Perturabo-Liberal » 12 June 2016, 18:48

Bludfist wrote:
Perturabo-Liberal wrote:What makes you think so? Did devs say anything about this particular aspect?

because its not realistically possible to color ships when favors pretty much color the entire ship (and play an important role in ship identification, example a red ork ship lets you know it has a trakktor) already so the most we can do is "trim" it

which is not really an army painter then

Well, I wouldn't be so sure. Adding a favor also changes the ship's model, more for some factions than others. We might still be able to change the color of the paint, but not it's pattern, even with favors.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 12 June 2016, 19:12

I'd say that depends on the favour. For instance, Adeptus Mechanicus should give the ship overall red theme, with some trimming in colour of your choosing. It's AdMech afterall.

The same goes for Evil Sunz or Bad Moonz. Inquisition could be the opposite of AdMech, it should retain most of your chosen colour scheme but add its some silver trim here and there.
Space Marine favour would most certainly benefit from full colour customized, it would let us choose the chapter (what if I want to be allies with Knights of Gryphonne?).

We'll see what favours the Space Marines will have, but in their case, they're probably gonna have chapter focused favours, and I can't really imagine Blood Angels with blue or green customized ships. It... just won't make it.
The sentence below is true
The sentence above is false

Return to “News & Announcements”