Patch Notes 09/06/16

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Mav

Re: Patch Notes 09/06/16

Postby Mav » 10 June 2016, 14:33

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
Edit:
I've taken a closer look at it, and it seems that when the ship is already identified, and goes into cloaking mode (gas/silent running) outside of detection range, it still has a longer fading time, that's reset when the ship fires, if not firing it goes into cloaking. I don't know however the exact system, I'm pretty sure something must have changed but I don't know what exactly.

Ye right now the way it works firing reveals your ship but if you stop firing it will return to stealth after like 3-4 seconds from what I've seen. By stealth I mean running silent or gas cloud outside of their sight range. To this day I do not know how making yourself a blip again works

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 10 June 2016, 18:10

Zeblasky wrote:
Sagranda wrote:So an overall 25% damage reduction (50% damage nerf and ~33% cd buff) and the loss of 3k range without buffing the survivability doesn't count as a nerf?

It's actually even a bigger nerf because of the reduced C/D. To get max DPS you have to micro Pulsars 30% more, and 30% more times enemy can catch you while you're firing them. The biggest problem with pulsars was alfa strike, which is now gone, and shield regen quite helps to negate new pulsars. For me, they are nerfed hard. May be they're even overnerfed, but we'll see.

MYNAME? wrote:
Zeblasky wrote:
Well, I do not know about why they nerfer Sm/Mok so hard(well, with dauntless/hellbringers spam you can get up to 12 LS on a single target in a row, which could have been quite painful and it may be was deemed too strong for those races). But I understand, why Eldar marks were left half the same - Eldar are not the race for a direct combat, they have the lowest troop rating and they do not have shields to protect themselfs from LS. If they go for a LS, they are putting themself at quite a risk with an enemy so close and they need something solid in return.

EDIT: Also, Biel-Tan and Ultwe marks were actually nerfed as well, they now give twice less troops rating.

Doesnt excuse jack or shit. MoK and Astartes favors are effectivly obsolete now. Dont forget that these favors were predominantly used to counter the eldar cheeze....

Im fine with regular LS not hard critting but the LS were SMs and MoK main selling point. Now the only chaos favors that are good are MoS and MoN. Tzeentch is too situational to be good in every situation.

And? Eldar can now repair all damage done by LS instantly while having lightning strikes that can hit at 3+ and perna crit.. this is bullshit no ifs and buts.

Actually, I never used MoK to counter Eldar. MoS is just strait up better for this job. Tag an Eldar ship with it, and it's almost always dead. 3 MoS Hellbringers 1 can kill VS withing 2 minutes and without any risk for themselfs. But about Imperials... well, they still got Novas. And the Emperor is greatest ship ever agaist Eldar with the right set up.

Also, Tzeench is the best thing ever with kiting fleet. I have it on both of my Styx, so I could cloak my fleet 90% of the time and at the same time I get belt armour instead of camo upgrade.

Ashardalon wrote:they also have bombers with the highest crit rate and all the assault boats are nerft to uselesness, wtf is the point of ork launch bays now? wats the point of assault boats?

About assaulst boats: hull breaches and flames are nice too. But I prefered more reliable bombers before the patch and I still prefer them now.

About launch bays: Well, ork fighters and bombers, even if not as good as on other races strike craft, can still be useful to protect yourself from torps-bombers and to harrass an enemy.

yes tzeentch is fairly good for kite fleet i suppose its pretty much the only thing that can keep you from getting rekt by chaos lances immidiatly. But i used MoK and MoS together. Its what i do i like to give my fleet some of my own flavor instead of following trends of nurgle spam this slanesh spam that. And i have found that MoK and Slannesh together are very usefull for hit and run brawler playstyles.

RedDevilCG

Postby RedDevilCG » 10 June 2016, 18:50

I've been running my carriers as MoK, my Archeron as MoT, and my brawling Slaughters a 2/3 MoN and 1/3 MoS. A true combined Chaos invasion fleet!

Having said that, I still get wrecked by a bum rushing Nurgle brawler fleet :cry:

Accia87

Postby Accia87 » 11 June 2016, 20:11

Ok, i played a lot of games since the new pacht arrive and it seems more balanced now... I play every race exept the Eldars. Without Taunt the Orks cannot pick one of your ship and ram it to pieces. With pulsar nerf Eldars cannot one shot you; it's still a hard game but winnable... My overall impression is that every race's tactics has a possible counter.

AngelOfFate

Postby AngelOfFate » 20 June 2016, 18:53

This patch does not solve the problem of eldar and ork fleet. I played several matches from the patch and i have to tell that i am really disappointed. Eldar is still invincible. PPulsar is still OP.
And eldar has all other race's technology. Why would anybody not choose them?
This game is a mess now...sorry to tell this.
I really waited this game and loved it at the beginning. But now it is boring and annoying.
I was patient cause i knew it was in beta and early access and ect....but it is a released game now and i payed for it.
Do something please.

Drakausa

Postby Drakausa » 21 June 2016, 02:54

Want to hear something strange? New Players in unknown numbers are NOT playing lots of games and getting discouraged. They are playing a few games in Campaign and/or MM and then, frustrated, they are moving on. Am I wrong? Could be, although would be nice to see some numbers from Tindalos showing the length of time and number of games from players who bought the game and are now, seemingly, gone. Just curiosity on my part.

AngelOfFate

Postby AngelOfFate » 21 June 2016, 08:56

Drakki wrote:
AngelOfFate wrote:This patch does not solve the problem of eldar and ork fleet. I played several matches from the patch and i have to tell that i am really disappointed. Eldar is still invincible. PPulsar is still OP.
I really waited this game and loved it at the beginning. But now it is boring and annoying.
I was patient cause i knew it was in beta and early access and ect....but it is a released game now and i payed for it.
Do something please.

Nah the game is fine now, if you can't learn to counter Eldar then I wonder what would you do against more sophisticated strategies out there xd

I play much more sophisticated and complex games than you have probably ever met. Both on PC and tabletop. For many many long years. This game is simply imba.
Half of the favours are not used because the others are simply better. (especially in ork and eldar fleet). There is 0 diversity of the playstyles of theese races.
And this is why this game is easily forgettable and boring after a short time.
Just look at the matchmaking...I bet there is 1/4 of the players now compared to when they started multi option.
A game population should increase and not decrease. And this number always tells the true!

oldman

Postby oldman » 21 June 2016, 09:46

AngelOfFate wrote:This patch does not solve the problem of eldar and ork fleet. I played several matches from the patch and i have to tell that i am really disappointed. Eldar is still invincible. PPulsar is still OP.
Do something please.

What? Seriously. Eldar invincible? They still have enough that they can punish drastically mistakes,but they are FAR from invincible and much weaker than before.

Why would anyoen not chose eldar? TRY it, its hell to grind.... I gave up several times.

Kadaeux

Postby Kadaeux » 21 June 2016, 09:59

AngelOfFate wrote:I play much more sophisticated and complex games than you have probably ever met. Both on PC and tabletop. For many many long years. This game is simply imba.

ROFLMAO. I doubt it.

Half of the favours are not used because the others are simply better. (especially in ork and eldar fleet). There is 0 diversity of the playstyles of theese races.

You mean you only play against players who try to minmax.

A game population should increase and not decrease. And this number always tells the true!

And yet, for most games, the population decreases unless new content is added. A game KEEPING and growing it's population, especially online, is a rarity and far from the normal.

Kadaeux

Postby Kadaeux » 21 June 2016, 22:15

Drakki wrote:Don't bother friend, you can see from his patronizing tone who you are dealing with.

"Hurr durr I played tetris, chess and warmachine and other games you have probably never heard before despite the fact I have no idea who you are, hurr durr I am better than all of you and my judgement is law even if my arguments are ridiculous"
WTF.

Indeed, his argument was so loaded with Hipster rhetoric he can only have typed it while sitting at an obscure cafe drinking a frappachino with some obscure ingredient (probably contemptuous tears of the owner) while wearing a scarf, wearing half-glasses and discussing bands "they liked before they were famous".

Return to “News & Announcements”