Patch Notes 09/06/16

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Gerver

Re: Patch Notes 09/06/16

Postby Gerver » 09 June 2016, 21:46

Zeblasky wrote:
You can kite bombers to death, press running silent and send those 12 squaderons back home. And if you have only 2 carriers yourself guess what those 12 bombersquads the enemy sends to you are pretty much neutralized.

And that's why I have 2 beacons in my carrier fleet. Tag a ship, and it can't hide anymore. It is very effective vs Eldar, and is the best way to hunt down VS and shoot-bomb him to death. Also kiting strike craft does almost nothing,exept delaying incoming damage for some time. Turrets on the ship do only one shot agaist incoming bombers, and unless you MWJ or use Eldar boost to get out of range, you won't get a second shot against them.

You can burn bomber squadron with full speed ahead. They just cant land a single attack while ships is moving away from them on maximum speed.

Zeblasky

Postby Zeblasky » 09 June 2016, 22:26

Eldar got fighters that they can deploy with an ability

Yes, and it's pretty cool, even if I don't use it with my Eldar carrier fleet(need beacons more and it kinda redundant, when you have launch bays already), but why do you mention it here?

You can burn bomber squadron with full speed ahead. They just cant land a single attack while ships is moving away from them on maximum speed.

This is actually a purely cosmetic effect. Here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3114&start=10

The Close Defence System turrets doesn't have any firing rate. It takes one test per turret on each target, and then it doesn't fire again on them. The destruction of targets, for visual purpose, doesn't happen at the same time, giving the illusion that targets are destroyed bit by bit, instead of all in one hit.

The only possibility to be shot two times by the Close Defence System is if your Ordnances get out and in again in the range of attack. A fit only Eldar ships are capable of by dashing. But they will not have their dashes to avoid other attacks then...

Perturabo-Liberal
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Perturabo-Liberal » 09 June 2016, 22:32

Gerver wrote:
Zeblasky wrote:
You can kite bombers to death, press running silent and send those 12 squaderons back home. And if you have only 2 carriers yourself guess what those 12 bombersquads the enemy sends to you are pretty much neutralized.

And that's why I have 2 beacons in my carrier fleet. Tag a ship, and it can't hide anymore. It is very effective vs Eldar, and is the best way to hunt down VS and shoot-bomb him to death. Also kiting strike craft does almost nothing,exept delaying incoming damage for some time. Turrets on the ship do only one shot agaist incoming bombers, and unless you MWJ or use Eldar boost to get out of range, you won't get a second shot against them.

The devs have stated that each of the ship's turrets can only force one check on one individual squadron per game and the result is immediately calculated once attack craft get into those turrets' range. All the shooting and bombers/assault boats being destroyed at different points in time is actually just a visual effect to make thing more immersive.

Deyric

Postby Deyric » 09 June 2016, 23:26

Pulsars needed to be changed, but this wasn't the right change. They needed a complete reworking.

Don't get it. How hard is it to make Pulsars like the TT? TT they are lance weapons, that if they hit they have a chance to hit 2 more times, a miss at any time ends the addition rolls. And then they can be balanced by adjusting that change for extra hits, 25-50% may be an upgrade increasing the change 10% (or 20 depending on the base). Then there would have been no reason to the range upgrade. The weapons wouldn't be instant kill weapons, and would actually be strafing run weapons.

Will have to see with the changes to Orks. Not sure the Zzapps change, and speed upgrade will make up for what they lose.
Last edited by Deyric on 09 June 2016, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
What is your Duty? To serve Emperor’s Will.
What is Emperor’s Will? That we fight and die.
What is Death? It is our duty.
What is your Duty? …

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 09 June 2016, 23:29

Gerver wrote:This +25 speed ork upgrade so cancer on Savages, I was able to chase and destroy lvl 10 Chaos and Mezoa Imp with just "select 9 Savages -> right click on Cruisers). With a little help from 2 zzaps and 1 traktor. Greenskins still good and relaxing.

Yeah cant wait to troll ork savage spammers with those 15 k lances and microing that boost. No fucks about exploits.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 09 June 2016, 23:33

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:Another great update, with one exception: Termies and MoK lightning not doing permanent damage is an absolute BS. It's a whole point of lightning strikes to teleport and elite strike team to take out something important. What, elite teams are now worse than simple boarding party? I can even understand assault boats not doing permanent damage because they get more assault points per actual boat sent (boarding action gets 2-5 action points while sending like 30 assault boats). Leave lightning not doing permanent damage but let Termie/Daemonic lightning actually be better for god's sake.

Now nobody's going to use lightnings anymore.

Pretty much. No more nasty khorne brawler fleets. Now the only brawler option for chaos is nurgle or slannesh spam...

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 09 June 2016, 23:37

Gerver wrote:
Bludfist wrote:
Gerver wrote:Nice. I posted many times that Mega Cannons with 4 gap-loser skills and Armor Piercing is bullshit. No more of this cancer.

maybe their will be atleast 1 hour gap between all the whiny IN player posts be we all know that they will find something else to complain bout next maybe the zzzap slow or something :roll:

I played full zzap fleet in beta and Chaos kiters cried about OP Zzaps, lul. But the damage output was nothing compared to 5 mega cannon annihilation.

Zappz arent too bad if you set chaos ships out to tank. But the 50/ 50 chance of ignorimg shields probably will be quite evil if you spam nuff.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 09 June 2016, 23:48

Beernchips wrote:Yes I think than Biel tan +10 troop and perma LS crit is far better than MoK/SM +5 troop and +1 LS (not perma)/BA

MoK and SM were really one of the main counters we had vs the eldar..... now that its not permanent eldar can just fly in get critted to shit vauls out and repair acting like nothing happend.. fuckin stupid if u ask me.

MoK and SM are pretty much going to be dead favors now.

Spartan-089

Postby Spartan-089 » 09 June 2016, 23:58

Think this patch has failed so far, haven't played alot of games post patch but from what I see it leaves Eldar in a better spot and makes Orks worse. The pulsar nerf just damaged their alpha potential, pulsars are still their go to weapon for damage dealing. Without taunt, kannon range, and ap rounds I cant keep Eldar ships around long enough to kill them, while Eldar players are pretty much playing the same. They get in pulsar range, and get rite back out, while kiting untill their cool downs are up. Orks got nerfed hard vs almost every match up including Imperials who still have AP rounds and can now brawl better than orks and still have better range.
Kommando Blitza is da most kunning and savage ork there iz.

Orkz iz okay

Mav

Postby Mav » 09 June 2016, 23:58

Imperator5 wrote:Eldar got fighters that they can deploy with an ability.

Does any eldar player actually know how to use those darkstalkers?
About Darkstalkers or w/e that is every eldar player uses them at the start, pretty much marking himself ------->Priority target here<---------
I find darkstalkers a waste of a slot coz with eldars you just go full ham on squadrons. You auto cast that and just watch them tear apart stuff with 30 seconds cd and
I play eldar and with the new patch I find the race even more OP that they were before.
It literally is "Ye we nerfed pulsars but other races got nerfed even harder, enjoy"

Return to “News & Announcements”