Balance Patch Next Week

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Balance Patch Next Week

Postby Imperator5 » 02 June 2016, 11:34

Ork ships are very tough and at the same time cheap.

In fact for Space marines to work, I think the ork health bonus needs to be replaced by something else and the health bonus given to SM to make their "rare but slow" ships worth something, since 80% of weapons ingame ignore armour. Make that 90% if macros got AP and got close.
So SM's all around 75% armour will do nothing at all.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 02 June 2016, 12:41

Imperator5 wrote:Ork ships are very tough and at the same time cheap.

In fact for Space marines to work, I think the ork health bonus needs to be replaced by something else and the health bonus given to SM to make their "rare but slow" ships worth something, since 80% of weapons ingame ignore armour. Make that 90% if macros got AP and got close.
So SM's all around 75% armour will do nothing at all.

SM ships are not "rare but slow"

their base movement speed is faster than the base movement speed of IN ship......

furthermore SM ships have IN macros meaning they can easily fight from 6k furthermore bombardment cannons have a base range for 6k that can probable be pushed up to 9k via upgrades

and SM on TT had better accuracy stats that IN so SM can easily fight from 6-9k where 75% accuracy matters
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 02 June 2016, 13:39

I know in Lore SM vessels are amongst the best, but I was taking my impressions from the Strike cruisers that show up in the campaign.

They neither seemed fast, nor durable, nor damaging.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Gerver

Postby Gerver » 02 June 2016, 14:57

Papa Bear wrote:@Gerver - check the enemy fleet loadout before commiting to a tactic. If you see mega kannons, NEVER get into their ark of fire. Which is difficult, but possible to accomplish through smart use of special maneuvers, which orks dont have. Upgraded engines help tons. Circle them at 4-6K, whittle with macros. If you have torps, shoot at opportunity. Try to split the battlegroup to bring at least one ship to the rear of the orks to take advantage of 25 armor. If opportunity presents, don't be afraid to ram the rear.

Laughing so hard, oh god. Advice to kite traktor cannon orks, priceless. Imma so triggered right now.
The fact that ork has advantage in NUMBER OF GAP-CLOSER SKILLS means nothing to you? I guess so.
5-6 taunts, 5-6 traktors, 5-6 MWJ , 5-6 red buttons versus 4 MWJ and 4 full speed ahead.
Yeah, running away all the time.

Marwynn

Postby Marwynn » 02 June 2016, 16:10

Y'all got any more of them details?

Dying over here.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 02 June 2016, 16:30

Marwynn wrote:Y'all got any more of them details?

Dying over here.

Even we of the ETT have not gotten the patch to QA test over on the testing server yet, as such it means either:

1) the devs have decided to have this patch internally tested by only their internal testing team as they no longer trust the ETT to respect the NDA agreements they signed due to previous....occurrences :?

2)The patch is not comming this week :cry:

Either way this patch will be either a make or break patch for me depending on how orks turn out. I truly cannot enjoy a warhammer game where my greenskins are an underwhelming nor 1 trick pony faction
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Papa Bear

Postby Papa Bear » 03 June 2016, 06:51

Gerver wrote:
Papa Bear wrote:@Gerver - check the enemy fleet loadout before commiting to a tactic. If you see mega kannons, NEVER get into their ark of fire. Which is difficult, but possible to accomplish through smart use of special maneuvers, which orks dont have. Upgraded engines help tons. Circle them at 4-6K, whittle with macros. If you have torps, shoot at opportunity. Try to split the battlegroup to bring at least one ship to the rear of the orks to take advantage of 25 armor. If opportunity presents, don't be afraid to ram the rear.

Laughing so hard, oh god. Advice to kite traktor cannon orks, priceless. Imma so triggered right now.
The fact that ork has advantage in NUMBER OF GAP-CLOSER SKILLS means nothing to you? I guess so.
5-6 taunts, 5-6 traktors, 5-6 MWJ , 5-6 red buttons versus 4 MWJ and 4 full speed ahead.
Yeah, running away all the time.

Read my post. You're reading your own thoughts instead. Not kite, circle at 4-6K. You should stay at close range and brawl, not expose your rear. To avoid the truly horrible Megas, stay out of their ark. Staying out of 3K is also not so difficult, but witin 6K to keep dealing reliable damage.
Taunts are completely useless, because if you want to kite set engagement to 12K and broadside engagement, if you want to brawl set to 6K or 3K frontal - any imperial ship tanks even orks fine with 75% frontal armor for a short time that the taunt is lasting. Traktors are good for throwing ships onto one another, nothing you can do, just tank the damage, make sure you have Brace for Impact on autocast at all times. MWJ are irrelevant in a brawl - once again, forget about kiting, you'll be owned. Red buttons - same as MWJ, the pause the ship takes before rushing is excellent opportunity to avoid a ram. You shouldn't have MWJ on your ships Vs Orks, nor use All Ahead Full except for dodging torps and rams. High Energy turns at short distance rule the day.
Next time, please read the post you're replying to. Well, unless you enjoy "Laughing so hard" and being "so triggered" at your own imagination, in case I guess you dont need to read anything at all and can just enjoy yourself. Lucky you.
__
For the Greater Good
Gue'vesa'vre McBriggs

theBlind

Postby theBlind » 03 June 2016, 07:32

Papa Bear wrote:Read my post. You're reading your own thoughts instead. Not kite, circle at 4-6K. You should stay at close range and brawl, not expose your rear. To avoid the truly horrible Megas, stay out of their ark. Staying out of 3K is also not so difficult, but witin 6K to keep dealing reliable damage.
Taunts are completely useless, because if you want to kite set engagement to 12K and broadside engagement, if you want to brawl set to 6K or 3K frontal - any imperial ship tanks even orks fine with 75% frontal armor for a short time that the taunt is lasting. Traktors are good for throwing ships onto one another, nothing you can do, just tank the damage, make sure you have Brace for Impact on autocast at all times. MWJ are irrelevant in a brawl - once again, forget about kiting, you'll be owned. Red buttons - same as MWJ, the pause the ship takes before rushing is excellent opportunity to avoid a ram. You shouldn't have MWJ on your ships Vs Orks, nor use All Ahead Full except for dodging torps and rams. High Energy turns at short distance rule the day.
Next time, please read the post you're replying to. Well, unless you enjoy "Laughing so hard" and being "so triggered" at your own imagination, in case I guess you dont need to read anything at all and can just enjoy yourself. Lucky you.

> Not kite
Kite means to skim the enemy range and to stay at a (longer as opposed to brawl) range where your weapons are better than the enemies. So IN vs Orks at say 4-6k.

> circle at 4-6K
Unfortunately, that isn't happening. Because if you sit at 6k, you're in tractor range. So you won't *stay* at 6k, you will shortly be much closer.

> You should stay at close range and brawl
Contradicting what you said before, but who's counting.

> To avoid the truly horrible Megas, stay out of their ark.
> Staying out of 3K is also not so difficult, but witin 6K to keep dealing reliable damage.
Nice idea, not happening in reality.

> Taunts are completely useless
They shut down your ship for 15-17 seconds. They don't even need to draw your ship in to be powerful, that's all that is needed.
Say you have your engagement range at 12k. So your taunted ship slowly turns away from the enemy and tries to fly off. Ok, but meanwhile, that enemy has the chance to use any ability he wants. For example a tractor beam, or a BRB to get nice and comfortably close. For him. And then they come out of taunt and sit there without an order, so you they spend another 0-2 seconds until you realize and fix that. Sure, you could spend your time with that ship selected and wildly clicking to make sure it gets an order asap, but then you're not microing your *other* ships. Arguably, that would be even worse.

> any imperial ship tanks even orks fine with 75% frontal armor for a short time that the taunt is lasting.
Again contradicting yourself from above because either you set your engagement range at 12k and your ship won't show the prow to the enemy or your ship won't even try to gain range. And then once the enemy is close there's the AP upgrade.

> Traktors are good for throwing ships onto one another
Tractors are first for drawing ships close and into the frontal arc. Shoving ships into one another is playing with your enemy, something you can do when they are where you want them anyway for giggles.

> just tank the damage
If that worked, there wouldn't be a problem for IN vs Orks.

> make sure you have Brace for Impact on autocast at all times
Yes. Or maybe even cast it yourself so your shields last longer. Somewhere between 20% and 50(ish)% longer, depending on how the aiming penalties are calculated and where you sit on the ork gunnery table.

> MWJ are irrelevant in a brawl -
They are nice to get out of one, though.

> once again, forget about kiting, you'll be owned.
Again contradicting yourself

> Red buttons [...], the pause the ship takes before rushing is excellent opportunity to avoid a ram.
True. Still not useless though, you can put pressure on the enemies micro or maybe you have the enemy in a close brawl where they can't evade without running into one of their ships (or one of yours which might be what he wants anyway). Or your ship is taunted.

> High Energy turns at short distance rule the day.
Oh, if you can pull it off sure. However, and this is again part of the core issue, the level of play you need to micro your IN ships around the enemy is SO MUCH HIGHER than the level of play needed by the Ork player to force you to do that that it's not balance between the navies and *some* better play on your part that won you the day but instead the fact that you outplayed your enemy by a huge margin and thus overcame the gross imbalance. But there is still a gross imbalance. And advising git gud doesn't change that.

Velociraptom
Focus Team

Postby Velociraptom » 03 June 2016, 09:02

Hello! I'm afraid the patch has been delayed until early next week. Sorry that it couldn't be this week, we had to make some last-minute tweaks to ensure it's ready to go. Thanks for your patience everyone!

MataCucasRAID2

Postby MataCucasRAID2 » 03 June 2016, 09:22

Surprise....
Heretics and Xenos can survive nuclear blasts... but not RAID spray!

Return to “News & Announcements”