Balance Patch Next Week

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Bludfist

Re: Balance Patch Next Week

Postby Bludfist » 07 June 2016, 02:14

Acctully no, irregardless of how good a game is their will be complaints; go on the total warhammer steam and you will see a 250+ reply thread about how this is the worst TW game to date.

Go ingame and you can see glaring balance issues such as hero spam and my god, demigryphs anyone?

As for tindalos communication; Alpharious responded a few posts back as to why the patch was delayed and thaey are working on both it and SM simultaneously
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Rolepgeek

Postby Rolepgeek » 07 June 2016, 02:26

Escoune wrote:Normally, i don't post and i just read this forum to have some news.
But i can't stay quiet when i see this kind of message.

I paid for a game, and i don't expected to pay for a game with bugs.
A game with bugs after the release IS NOT NORMAL.

Do you imagine if you buy a car and the sellor told you "one wheel is missing, but we will deliver it to you next week" or some kind of "bug" like it? Or more accuretely "the air conditionning doesn't work, but we will repair it soon"

And the buyers didn't know the state of the game before the buying...

But the bugs are not the main problem here (there are very few bugs i saw in game).

Please, the things we need are some more contents... And not only "new races" but some content to make the community alive : some tools for tournament, story telling or ranking...

The game is very good : we have a RTS with fast games, with a RPG side for the farm (it's remind me the mechanics for the last blizzard games). But we have no goals for the farm.
"Ok i have a big fleet, but what can i do now?"

Because i'm feared to come back to a game with no one when i look on the charts :
http://steamcharts.com/app/363680

We have 20 times fewer players compared with the release...

PS : sorry for my english, i think there are a lot of mistakes here.

But it's not a car. It's a video game.

One does not buy a car for entertainment. One buys a video game for entertainment. For many people, a car is vital to being able to make a living. For very few people are video games (the possession, not the development) vital to making a living. Furthermore, the investment in a video game is far lower than that in a car; I don't have to take out a loan to get a brand new top-of-the-line game (maybe the computer to run it, but that's another story).

Additionally, if you bought a car before it had arrived from overseas, or a used car, and something didn't work, and something is wrong with it, you usually don't nag the dealership to get it fixed. You ask for a refund if it's that big of a deal, and return the car.

Most games have a lot more player at release than consistently. It's usually only very high quality (or niche) games or triple-A titles, as far as I know, that maintain a large playerbase. There are bugs and balance issues, therefore the community isn't going to be as active. Many people, as far as I know, buy games to try them out, and see if they'll be the new main game they play. The game has issues, the devs have been slower in fixing them than you would like. It's not an Exterminatus siren. It's a forty dollar game that has a lot of potential and is basically still in Beta, it's just one you pay to get into. What was called Beta should have been called Alpha. The pressures on game developers to get their money's worth means they have to have shorter development cycles, and crowd-sourcing bug-finding and balance-sorting is a lot cheaper than waiting another three months to release the game. It also means you get to play it earlier.

Papa Bear

Postby Papa Bear » 07 June 2016, 08:09

The game is NOT defective.
If you understand "Defective" as stated above as "defective is imperfect, having a deficiency (this game have a lot)", then everything in this world is defective, as no thing is absolutely perfect. I am sorry for breaking your dreams of a perfect world.

The common-sense definition of Defective for a video game (as well as for many other things actually, including the car example above) is when
1) the thing in question doesnt function (impossible to use for intended purpose) or
2) when the actual functioning of the object delivers result vastly inconsistent with declared/advertized purpose.

So, let's see: Does this game work? Definitely. I launched it and played 80 hours. It works. So, the game works, out of the question. I've had crashes caused by Nvidia drivers, but that's a common problem of some Nvidia cards, including mine. Fixed by MSI Afterburner downclock. I've had maybe 5-6 random hangups or crushes in this 80 hours. So, let's say one game fault every 8 hours. Looks like OK stability for a PC game to me, it's not perfect, sure, but it definitely doesnt break the game.
Secondly: Inconsistensy with the declared intended function (as in the air conditioner in a car example above - the car has an air conditioner, but it doesnt work). Let's see what's being sold actually:

"Battlefleet Gothic: Armada is the RTS videogame adaptation of Games Workshop’s classic tabletop game, pitting the Chaos, Imperium, Eldar, and Orks against each other in visceral space-battles." U-huh, OK. Nothing here, next:

Developed with Unreal Engine 4 (Yes), Battlefleet Gothic: Armada offers deep management of every ship composing the player’s fleet (Yes), both during and between battles (Yes). From the fastest frigates to the gigantic, miles-long battleships, the player will customize all aspects of his ships: weaponry, defense and support sub-systems, but also crew, captains, and more (Yes)... each customization affecting the very performances of the ship and the special abilities available during battle (Yes). From battle to battle, the admirals and crew of surviving ships will gain experience and promotions, improving the battle-readiness of the ships for future, bigger and more dangerous battles (Yes).

Additionally an extensive multiplayer mode with persistent fleets where up to 4 players can battle simultaneously (Yes), Battlefleet Gothic: Armada also features a big story campaign (Yes), taking place during the 12th Black Crusade and putting players in the middle of the Gothic War that raged between the Imperium and Abaddon the Despoiler. Players will be at the centre of every fight, commanding fleets of gigantic ships as the Chaos unleash a sequential chain of surprise attacks on Imperium worlds – the start of 20 years of warring in the sector (Yes).

None of this is non-functional. You don't like the game? Fine, it's your God-given right to dislike anything. You would like to see better balance between factions - fine, I can agree with you, a rebalance can improve gameplay. But "The game is Defective" - thats not true.
__
For the Greater Good
Gue'vesa'vre McBriggs

Escoune

Postby Escoune » 07 June 2016, 12:51

Sagranda wrote:
Where have you been all these last years?
A released game with bugs has been pretty normal for a long time now, especially for online games.

Not saying that it doesn't suck and the like, but it has been the normal state for a long long time now.

Yeah It's common.
It's not normal

And, i just gave my opinion. You can consider than this game is perfect, than the developpers did their job well.
But we have less than 5% of the players who still play it.

The game is fun, i had fun with it during more than 40 hours. But it miss too much contents to make it a good game.

sjaugust1

Postby sjaugust1 » 07 June 2016, 16:15

I really wonder how much content can we expect for multiplayer in the future. It really is very barebones for what's probably the most important feature in any rts title.
An rts without a good multiplayer mode is an rts that is doomed to obscurity.

WarJester

Postby WarJester » 08 June 2016, 01:20

By the gods, I like the sound of major changes to the Orks and Eldar

kommisar chaR

Postby kommisar chaR » 08 June 2016, 09:47

inb4 patch delayed to early next week
I am the Hammer, I am the edge of his Sword, I am the tip of his Spear, I am the mail about his Fist, I am the flight of his Arrows

tfw eldar go insubordinate

Vulpes_Inculta

Postby Vulpes_Inculta » 08 June 2016, 10:56

Patch early next year confirmed.

Guys, are you going to delay your delayed deadline? "Early next week" has ended yesterday.

Harlequin

Postby Harlequin » 08 June 2016, 12:11

Steam-Name: "Marilyn Manson"

"We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand."

"Death is my meat; terror my wine."

Guyver

Postby Guyver » 08 June 2016, 13:05

kommisar chaR wrote:inb4 patch delayed to early next week

:lol:

Return to “News & Announcements”