Balance Patch Next Week

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Balance Patch Next Week

Postby Imperator5 » 08 June 2016, 16:12

This is why I give myself very generous "few months" deadlines in modding. So if crap comes up, its not the end of the world.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

aprg

Postby aprg » 08 June 2016, 17:13

You kids complaining about the game being defective clearly didn't grow up playing Interplay games.

Those were defective games on release.

I'm not saying this game is perfect, nor that the delayed deadlines are starting to get annoying. I think it's clear at this point that this game will have trouble living up to its full potential.

But this isn't the worst release or the worst product ever. They have some ways to go to match that.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 08 June 2016, 17:37

Drakki wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:This is why I give myself very generous "few months" deadlines in modding. So if crap comes up, its not the end of the world.

Yep, I always give my estimated finish times with at least 20% too much time, and then look at surprised happy faces that the deed is done earlier, while inside im just rubbing my hands and laughing :lol:

Always a wise thing to to do :) I think the patch will be released at Friday. If they work on it, they may as well polish it all week.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Aliasofall

Postby Aliasofall » 08 June 2016, 17:47

In all honesty I'm surprised they actually took on the big task of doing 2 factions at once. Most games wouldn't even attempt that A. The amount of work and programming between art and programming is large enough with one faction and B. Making sure not to burn out the poor souls who are working on it. I am looking forward to the patch but everyone realize its a large undertaking reworking 2 factions at once and doing the SM DLC.

Vulpes_Inculta

Postby Vulpes_Inculta » 08 June 2016, 18:20

Conspiracy theory: they don't give us any patch notes because they haven't started making any patch yet!

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 08 June 2016, 19:23

Velociraptom wrote:Hello! I'm afraid the patch has been delayed until early next week. Sorry that it couldn't be this week, we had to make some last-minute tweaks to ensure it's ready to go. Thanks for your patience everyone!

So, less than 3h to the end of the beginning of the week. So the deadline in which we can define (very generous but still) "early next week". Nevertheless no information.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

Marwynn

Postby Marwynn » 08 June 2016, 20:01

They're in France so the mid-week has passed for them already.

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 08 June 2016, 20:30

No. Sweden is in the same time zone and there is 22:28 now.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

Bonger_Bob

Postby Bonger_Bob » 09 June 2016, 06:40

the next dev post will be some bullshit story of how something out of their control has limited their further involvement in the game and they've left.

Etherium V2.0.

Papa Bear

Postby Papa Bear » 09 June 2016, 08:59

aprg wrote:You kids complaining about the game being defective clearly didn't grow up playing Interplay games.

Those were defective games on release.

I'm not saying this game is perfect, nor that the delayed deadlines are starting to get annoying. I think it's clear at this point that this game will have trouble living up to its full potential.

But this isn't the worst release or the worst product ever. They have some ways to go to match that.

That's about as wise an answer as it gets. It's evident as hell that the developer has in fact created a game that is far above their own capacity to uphold, develop and bring to full potential. Which is very sad.
But the game is awesome and has given me more hours of fun than many-many others, on par with the best games out there. Kinda like "Mount and Blade".
One of those cases, when you're sad that the game is sooo good that you want more and more of it, but it's just not there...
*Sigh.
__
For the Greater Good
Gue'vesa'vre McBriggs

Return to “News & Announcements”