Balance Patch Next Week

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Beernchips

Re: Balance Patch Next Week

Postby Beernchips » 26 May 2016, 21:28

no news on the Desolator battleship getting its merged lance batteries back

so disappointed :/

Why do you want to trade pure lance broadsides for mixed macro and lance less optimal?

Desolator costs 20 points less than any other BS so he will lack something compared to them. The problem of Desolator is that Despoiler have same firepower and bays at same time so there is 0 interest to take a 230 pts Desolator.
Repent, for tomorrow you die

7ED

Postby 7ED » 26 May 2016, 21:35

Actually I took the Desolator because it is a better complement to the Acherons. The angle of fire matters. The problem is that none of the Chaos battleships are fast enough to be useful, and speed is important for Chaos.

So I have a battleship that I feel obligated to level up, but really taking even just one cruiser in place of the Desolator is a +.

Obitus

Postby Obitus » 26 May 2016, 22:22

Beernchips wrote:
no news on the Desolator battleship getting its merged lance batteries back

so disappointed :/

Why do you want to trade pure lance broadsides for mixed macro and lance less optimal?

Desolator costs 20 points less than any other BS so he will lack something compared to them. The problem of Desolator is that Despoiler have same firepower and bays at same time so there is 0 interest to take a 230 pts Desolator.

i dont want to trade the pure lance broadsides for mixed macro and lance

during beta the desolator had merged batteries (not twin linked like the slaughter), the macros were there ON TOP of the lance batteries - they were removed just as the game was officially launched in a "stealth nerf" with no mention in any patch notes

they had issues during beta which involved the macros to stop firing randomly, but instead of getting fixed, they were.... removed

the wiki still has the old entry of the weapon

Atomschlag

Postby Atomschlag » 27 May 2016, 00:51

Excellent, keep up the good work, but please enable free custom games with no points limits, selectable ships & skills for all fleets involved. Let us play real armada battles :)

RedDevilCG

Postby RedDevilCG » 27 May 2016, 04:23

Yeah, the speed of the Desolator is supposed to match that of other Chaos cruisers. She was cheaper and more lightly armed than other battleships but was faster as a result. I'm not sure why they lowered its speed when they converted it from TT to here....

Obitus

Postby Obitus » 27 May 2016, 06:04

RedDevilCG wrote:Yeah, the speed of the Desolator is supposed to match that of other Chaos cruisers. She was cheaper and more lightly armed than other battleships but was faster as a result. I'm not sure why they lowered its speed when they converted it from TT to here....

unfortunately (or fortunately?) there is quite a lot of differences from TT starting with weapon loadouts, through no eldar solar winds and even pulsars

i dont agree that giving the desolator a speed boost is the way to go as it will sill be really undergunned in this BFG implementation, in comparison to some other ships (not just battleships, even battle cruisers) and I would personally prefer giving back the macro guns again

worst comes to worst, the speed increase is at least some improvement if they decide to go that route...

i am however very curious and hopeful about the eldar and orc balancing coming up next week

RedDevilCG

Postby RedDevilCG » 27 May 2016, 07:05

Obitus wrote:i dont agree that giving the desolator a speed boost is the way to go as it will sill be really undergunned in this BFG implementation, in comparison to some other ships (not just battleships, even battle cruisers) and I would personally prefer giving back the macro guns again
You don't want to give it more speed? If it's not going to be as fast as regular cruisers (which it is supposed to be by lore and by GW design), and you want a battleship, you're going to take the Despoiler. The whole reason for the Desolator is to have a super cruiser, or pocket battleship that can keep up with the core of the Chaos fleet, which are the cruisers.

Or do you mean that it needs both more speed AND more weapons? Okay, I'm fine with that :P

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 27 May 2016, 07:43

I do agree that the Desolator needs something. I did calculations in a thread, and even with calculating the macros in (I thought they would get bugfixed) it was mediocre, with Desolator and Emperor leading and Retribution being the weakest.

Now Retribution got buffed, Desolator got nerfed, and it is now the weakest of the four.

What should it get? Point cost reduction? Faster speed? I would settle for a chain of 3 heavy macro turrets or lance turrets on its dorsal mount.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Jaw Rippa

Postby Jaw Rippa » 27 May 2016, 08:55

Bludfist wrote:im just glad this, will hopefully result in a shake up of the ork one trick pony meta

I do share your hope :)

IN overhaul was amazing, lets see if you guys can pull it again, this time with orks/edlar!

Mr Morden

Postby Mr Morden » 27 May 2016, 10:46

RedDevilCG wrote:
Obitus wrote:i dont agree that giving the desolator a speed boost is the way to go as it will sill be really undergunned in this BFG implementation, in comparison to some other ships (not just battleships, even battle cruisers) and I would personally prefer giving back the macro guns again
You don't want to give it more speed? If it's not going to be as fast as regular cruisers (which it is supposed to be by lore and by GW design), and you want a battleship, you're going to take the Despoiler. The whole reason for the Desolator is to have a super cruiser, or pocket battleship that can keep up with the core of the Chaos fleet, which are the cruisers.

Or do you mean that it needs both more speed AND more weapons? Okay, I'm fine with that :P

I would agree - a fast battleship is something different and interesting - slightly different guns on a battleship is less so.

Lets go with the Lore on this one and give us more options - always a bonus?

of course the ability to ALSO have a macro cannon version at different pts value would be cool too.
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

Return to “News & Announcements”