Patch Notes 19/05/16 - Invite Friends To Custom Games!

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Pony

Re: Patch Notes 19/05/16 - Invite Friends To Custom Games!

Postby Pony » 20 May 2016, 06:19

Tbh people complaining about pulsars, rather than the void stalker specifically, need to l2p.

Try playing as eldar without a voidstalker right now, and you will likely loose the majority of matches because people have learned how to counter them. (And those who haven't just qq)

Also, consider that if starcannons start tearing down sheilds before the pulsar fires, could end up making the pulsar actually more efficient (rather than wasting its ap dmg on the sheild and starcannons fire being mitigated by armor)

Not saying some balance doesn't need to happen, but eldar are dependant on the pulsar and likely need a bunch of buffs.

Tldr; any pulsar rebalance means the whole (already weak-ish) faction needs a rebalance to more than make up for it.

+1

Eldars are a pain to play AGAIN and WITH.
Leveling is painfull and disgusting. No one love to play 20min games just running away lauching some bombers and pray they kill (yeah, 1 squadron per LC)

With LC, you have to kitte. If not, u're just easy dead. You can't take any shots (400hp, a destroyer rammin' you? near dead), need to go realy close with aurora, and even kitting you don't do many damages (stock).
Game turn with BC, far more easy (you get so much pain before).

But the (toooooo fat) cherry on the cake is the VS. Pulsar range on it must be lowed to 9k. But no eldar ship may have 6k pulsars, impossible to play.

Eldars needs a REWORK. Buffing low (1-3) levels game, nerfing high level. Balance.

WarJester

Postby WarJester » 20 May 2016, 07:04

Did a 1v1 custom match with a friend and it was quite fun

MataCucasRAID2

Postby MataCucasRAID2 » 20 May 2016, 07:38

Good work indeed but with 2 races broken the natural order I think is:

1st Fix the races and the gameplay
2nd expand the possibilities of the game

What do yo achieve expanding the 2vs2 if 2 races are unbalanced so hard?

We will see the player numbers this weekend but for me this is not sufficient to play again. After 3 weeks still the same... this confirms me that they know they have to change a lot the game and even the mechanics. I hope they know how....
Heretics and Xenos can survive nuclear blasts... but not RAID spray!

Little.Horus.Aximand

Postby Little.Horus.Aximand » 20 May 2016, 08:00

So awesome. Every patch is blessing from The Emprah. When i see update for this game i am so happy. :D

Ire

Postby Ire » 20 May 2016, 16:21

Big post mathing out how the emperor is the better ship vs the voidstalker than the ret, but all the numbers and information got lost in the warp. This forums Geller fields have become suspect and require Inquisition.

NightManSpider

Postby NightManSpider » 22 May 2016, 22:03

This is awesome, one thing that would make it better is if you could visit the hangar and edit your fleet in this part of the game :)

Rolepgeek

Postby Rolepgeek » 22 May 2016, 23:54

Ire wrote:Big post mathing out how the emperor is the better ship vs the voidstalker than the ret, but all the numbers and information got lost in the warp. This forums Geller fields have become suspect and require Inquisition.

I just realized that 'ret' meant Retribution, rather than being a typo of 'rest'. But yeah, Emperor is significantly better. Improved Augur Array, Advanced Targeting Matrix, Automated Refuelling Stations, and then either Turbo Weaponry or Enhanced Thrusters (the turning upgrade). Inquisition Favor, Micro Warp Jump, Recon Beacon, Taunt, and Stasis Bomb or Overcharge Void Shields. Identify it before it's even in range, MWJ directly beside it, Recon Beacon, let your multidirectional Macro Cannons start to tear in. Provides desperately needed cover against Eldar Bombers, macro turrets can track it in almost any direction, Overcharged Void Shields let you withstand at least one Pulsar focus. Once it's hurt, you can even consider using your ordnance offensively. Not a surefire thing by any means, but it's better than the Retribution by far.

Return to “News & Announcements”