LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
MYNAME?

Re: LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

Postby MYNAME? » 30 April 2016, 02:59

BrianDavion wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:

you realize you're not spectating when TC's on right?

I know this. You are just gonna have to deal with it man and enjoy a TC freE ranked match :D

or not sign up. honestly I find ranked games in most video games tend to suffer from slower times finding a match, and tend to attract people with a excess of personality. all competing for the useless "honor" of pointing to a board and claiming how awesome the are. and in BFGA it won't even be the same game as the rest of us with TC removed so the bragging rights are kinda questionable anyway.

I think ranked is gonna be good for peeps that want a challenge.. not that many TC users any way so the numbers will be alright.

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 30 April 2016, 05:17

MYNAME? wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:
I know this. You are just gonna have to deal with it man and enjoy a TC freE ranked match :D

or not sign up. honestly I find ranked games in most video games tend to suffer from slower times finding a match, and tend to attract people with a excess of personality. all competing for the useless "honor" of pointing to a board and claiming how awesome the are. and in BFGA it won't even be the same game as the rest of us with TC removed so the bragging rights are kinda questionable anyway.

I think ranked is gonna be good for peeps that want a challenge.. not that many TC users any way so the numbers will be alright.

I dunno I see it used a decent amount, but it's always a quick tap, useally people doing it to quickly tap off a torpedo or pulsar shot

SirGuppy

Postby SirGuppy » 30 April 2016, 09:13

BrianDavion wrote:what they said was removing tatical cogitator from ranked games to appease what they perceive as a VERY tiny minority of players is a bad idea. honestly I'm inclined to agree.

Apologies, I thought your gripe was about ranking and leader boards in general. In terms of removing TC, I don't have strong feelings to be honest, I think the current way it works is pretty good with a limited use.

Otterz wrote:
SirGuppy wrote:So basically, you're going to finish the game, this largely seems like a list of content most would expect at release.

Also Space Marines where promised a few weeks after release, sounds like that will be late.

Ouch! so salty my eyes are stinging. ;)

Ha, I just felt it was worth pointing out that this road map of 'new' features, is mostly what I believe many people would expect at release.

Harlequin

Postby Harlequin » 30 April 2016, 10:01

Ravensburg wrote:Greeting Admirals,

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada released one week ago, and its success was beyond our most optimistic expectations. We planned an original development budget based on expected revenues, but these revenues have been largely overtaken. Because of this, we’ve been working with our publisher Focus Home Interactive to plan several major additions to our game, to offer you the best possible experience as well as exceptional content. This new content will require a future development plan that will keep the Tindalos teams busy for all of 2016.

This makes me very happy!
- Even the Emperor is proud! :mrgreen:

for the long term motivation you should think about increase the 2vs2 points for each Player till around ~500 if possible. 300 is a little bit to low and limit your choices "especially for Eldar" to a small number of ship-constellations. And with more and more factions, i think people will be happy, if you think about a 3vs3-maybe in 2017, - if possible. (At last, everybody loves those big epic battles^^).
Oh, and maybe if you find a time and a way... there are some "Grand Cruisers".^^

I was thinking about a a Mission like: "defend/attack" a black fortress in Multiplayer, where one guy has to play this fortress. ^^
And, even if the primary weapon is to heavy for mp, maybe.. you could use a "downgraded version" of Abbadons Planetkiller for Multiplayer, because you put much work in the design of this beautiful ship, why not let the people fly this ship in the battles?^^

If you need someday a moderator for a german subforum, call me! :mrgreen:

And at last a small wish by myself: "Please, even it takes a year or two, - don't forget us Dark Eldar. " :cry:
;)
Last edited by Harlequin on 30 April 2016, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler : :
Steam-Name: "Marilyn Manson"

"We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand."

"Death is my meat; terror my wine."

xizor

Postby xizor » 30 April 2016, 10:07

Not sure about TC getting removed from ranked, but it could be nerfed hard that i wont mind.

Lihkan

Postby Lihkan » 30 April 2016, 13:20

Ravensburg wrote:Many of you asked for more fleet points per battle. This is definitely something that would be cool. But I don't want to make any promises about this because it highly depends on improving the game's netcode and the global performances.

If we increase the fleet points, it will be done progressively but this is definitely something we study on.

Ravensburg

Sigh. Okay, first of all, I really dont want to sound like a jerk. I feel bad for even writing this. I love the game, I pre-purchased it, and I recommended it to all my 40k friends, two of which have already both the game because of it. I really like this game, I want it to succeed and I have lot of respect for you devs for gentle handling of source material and fair pre-order bonus policy.

But...but. Improving the netcode? I really believe this should have been taken in account from very beginning of designing the netcode. To be honest, I am totally fine with 700pts for 1v1, I would have problem to manage more ships effectively. But having 300pts on 2v2 as top of what netcode can do seems like serious design flaw. Hell, 300x2=600pts, the 2v2 games have actually less ships than 1v1. I never heard before of RTS where more players means less epic battles. No matter how I love BFG, which I honestly do, this really leaves bit of bad taste in my mouth, I cant help it.

I really hope I am not too offensive with this, I am trying to be constructive as much as I can, without going to rant Steam reviews/Facebook about how bad the game is (which is not) like some other people. I sincerely wish you best of luck with improving it, and I hope that one day, with large scale MP rolling, we wont even remember that the game had these issues at the start.

XViper

Postby XViper » 30 April 2016, 15:58

Even just increasing the 2v2's to 800 total (400 per player), would be a nice start.
I'm sure this can EASILY be tested to see if it will cause issues.

Commanding 2-3 ships is frankly just boring as bat-shit.

shindig

Postby shindig » 30 April 2016, 16:05

Quick question - you guys failed to do so in your original early adopter announcement, and have done so again - you don't list which retailers you consider official! Who do you guys consider official retailers? Without knowing this it leaves many of us in the blue as to where we can actually get these bonuses, and leaves others who were mislead by the ambiguous statements without the early adopter bonuses.

Please clarify!

Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Uksharazad87 » 30 April 2016, 17:27

They have. Focus's store, or Steam. If you want to go anywhere else. Ask that retailer wich version they sell.

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 30 April 2016, 18:12

SirGuppy wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:what they said was removing tatical cogitator from ranked games to appease what they perceive as a VERY tiny minority of players is a bad idea. honestly I'm inclined to agree.

Apologies, I thought your gripe was about ranking and leader boards in general. In terms of removing TC, I don't have strong feelings to be honest, I think the current way it works is pretty good with a limited use.

I just think removing a core feature from the game is a bit of an odd choice when adding a feature whose soul purpose is to keep a score to see whose the best at that game. by and large leader boards aren't useally my thing, I don't care how good I am vs other people, I just wanna have fun. but I see two problems here. 1: TC is as I've been saying part of the game, removing it changes the game and I'm not sure I like that in a mode designed to prove whose the best. (as other have said this'll kill anyone who wants to run large numbers of eldar) 2: it'll lead to those people asking for changes to the game based off this feature not existing. which actually got have a negitive balance net for the rest of us

Return to “News & Announcements”