LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
User avatar
Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 310
Joined: 22 October 2015, 13:40
Location: Chatteris; United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

Postby Uksharazad87 » 04 May 2016, 12:34

BrianDavion wrote:
Owl wrote:
"Nids for Christmas" should be a song. Someone get on that!



*to the tune of I'll be home for christmas*

There'll be 'nids for christmas...
Maybe, Hopefully


"I'm dreaming of a Nidddy' Christmas, just liek the ones i used to-BLEGERGHHE MY FACE ARG WHY'D THEY USE LIVE NIDS IN THE MUSIC VIEDO"

Jaw Rippa
Posts: 30
Joined: 25 April 2016, 08:19
Contact:

Re: LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

Postby Jaw Rippa » 05 May 2016, 09:17

Great news! Im especially happy to see that we are getting some new skills to spice up the battlefield. Although I'd be more happy if you'd focus on fixing bugs and improving existing races balance before adding SM and Tau.

All in all, good luck and Im looking up to your new deeds!

User avatar
NightManSpider
Posts: 3
Joined: 06 May 2016, 07:08
Contact:

Re: LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

Postby NightManSpider » 06 May 2016, 22:35

Personally I can't wait for being able to play against my friends, with up to 4 of us in a match. I have friends who bought this game and were disappointed that we couldn't all play together because it's basically just a 2 player co-op versus random people. It seems like a sort of essential feature to let us play with 4 friends in a game.

BabyLionCub
Posts: 53
Joined: 29 March 2016, 20:20
Contact:

Re: LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

Postby BabyLionCub » 07 May 2016, 08:28

Ravensburg wrote:
  • 2 vs 2 Improvements
You’ll be able to invite a friend to play 2 vs 2 against the AI - the progression system will be available in this mode for both you and your friend.


Most important news for me (and a few others I am sure). Will this be via the Skirmish mode or multiplayer mode? As far as which fleets we get to bring. I ask because I am wondering if I can play skirmish mode on my own with the same fleet I play together with my friend.

If it is multiplayer mode, I assume you will just be adding AI opponents choice to multiplayer?

Draxynnic
Posts: 13
Joined: 07 May 2016, 02:54
Contact:

Re: LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

Postby Draxynnic » 08 May 2016, 10:19

Mr Morden wrote:When will we see some more Admiral pics and voice acting - in particular female ones for those that are relevant ( Eldar, Imperal Navy and of coruse Tau! Orks dont have them and Chaos is debatable if you are sticking to CSM only captains)
I'd say Imperial navy is debatable too. The Imperial armed forces are pretty chauvinistic on the whole - the assumption is that military personnel will be male*. Unlike Eldar and Tau where female soldiers are just there because gender isn't seen as important to a soldier, in the Imperium female military personnel are seen as exceptions to the rule and there's usually an explanation why the exception has occurred. For instance, the Sisters of Battle are the main military arm of the Ecclesiarchy because they're forbidden to have "men under arms", and having women under arms is a loophole that still allows them to have a standing army.

That said, I'm not especially familiar with the IN fluff, so it's possible that ship crews don't have the same assumption that the ground forces do. There may be other ways to have a female captain (or admiral) that fits the fluff. (Does the Ecclesiarchy have its own ships? Would they also have female crews? Might a ship having a favour of the Ecclesiarchy result in having a female crew?)

User avatar
Mr Morden
Posts: 162
Joined: 16 April 2016, 16:41
Contact:

Re: LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

Postby Mr Morden » 08 May 2016, 10:31

Draxynnic wrote:
Mr Morden wrote:When will we see some more Admiral pics and voice acting - in particular female ones for those that are relevant ( Eldar, Imperal Navy and of coruse Tau! Orks dont have them and Chaos is debatable if you are sticking to CSM only captains)
I'd say Imperial navy is debatable too. The Imperial armed forces are pretty chauvinistic on the whole - the assumption is that military personnel will be male*. Unlike Eldar and Tau where female soldiers are just there because gender isn't seen as important to a soldier, in the Imperium female military personnel are seen as exceptions to the rule and there's usually an explanation why the exception has occurred. For instance, the Sisters of Battle are the main military arm of the Ecclesiarchy because they're forbidden to have "men under arms", and having women under arms is a loophole that still allows them to have a standing army.

That said, I'm not especially familiar with the IN fluff, so it's possible that ship crews don't have the same assumption that the ground forces do. There may be other ways to have a female captain (or admiral) that fits the fluff. (Does the Ecclesiarchy have its own ships? Would they also have female crews? Might a ship having a favour of the Ecclesiarchy result in having a female crew?)

The Imperium is in some ways less likely to care what sex you are as long as you can fight and die for Him. However this will vary depending on the world they recruit from - some will be male dominated, some female, some neither.

Its not really that debatable as there are various female navy officers in the fluff - going all the way back to the HH :). The Black library novels have lots. Same with the Guard - but there they usually segregate the regiments - otherwise as Commissar Cain confirms "you have to deal with inevitable results of fraternisation - jealousy, fights, pregnancy etc."

FFG - where for instance the Chaos light Cruiser ship is directly taken from have lots of female navy officers.

Lots of female Inquisitors.

Chaos Champions can be either sex, Chaos Marines only male - except maybe Some Slaanesh "experiments" and maybe the same with Tzeenetch

Personally the more variety in the pics and voice acting the better - I'd also like to be able to select the image for a given ship captain - help forge that narrative.
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

Draxynnic
Posts: 13
Joined: 07 May 2016, 02:54
Contact:

Re: LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

Postby Draxynnic » 08 May 2016, 12:13

Coolio - I haven't read much of the BL stuff, hence the acknowledgement that I might have missed something. Lack of female IG was something I was more sure of - it's certainly not something that's catered for in the models I've seen or the codices I've read through. Makes sense under the circumstances, though, that any hands that can hold a lasgun could be expected to fight (kind of like the Soviet Union in WW2).

I think Marines in general are always male, or closer to male in any respect - IIRC, the process essentially renders them sexless anyway, and either doesn't work on women or converts any candidate into a Battle Brother regardless of their original gender.

User avatar
Mr Morden
Posts: 162
Joined: 16 April 2016, 16:41
Contact:

Re: LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

Postby Mr Morden » 08 May 2016, 13:52

Draxynnic wrote:Coolio - I haven't read much of the BL stuff, hence the acknowledgement that I might have missed something. Lack of female IG was something I was more sure of - it's certainly not something that's catered for in the models I've seen or the codices I've read through. Makes sense under the circumstances, though, that any hands that can hold a lasgun could be expected to fight (kind of like the Soviet Union in WW2).

I think Marines in general are always male, or closer to male in any respect - IIRC, the process essentially renders them sexless anyway, and either doesn't work on women or converts any candidate into a Battle Brother regardless of their original gender.


Agreed Marines are always and without exception male - however its not beyond the realms of possibility that a Chaos God might later "bless" them by making them a different or even multiple genders - especially Slaanesh as it is a Hermaphrodite. Tzeenthc is fond of a bit of change, Nurgle and Khorne would not bother though they do have female champions who can be difficult to distinguish from Chaos Marines depending on the favours they have gained.

For whatever reason GW has only made 5 or 6 female guard models for the Guard - partly as they always seem a bit scared of making female models that are not sexualised (not that I mind if some are, Love my Medusae ;) )

However Black Library have loads of them as does FFG.
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

Dulahan
Posts: 24
Joined: 07 April 2016, 21:39
Contact:

Re: LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

Postby Dulahan » 12 May 2016, 19:53

Uksharazad87 wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
Owl wrote:
"Nids for Christmas" should be a song. Someone get on that!



*to the tune of I'll be home for christmas*

There'll be 'nids for christmas...
Maybe, Hopefully


"I'm dreaming of a Nidddy' Christmas, just liek the ones i used to-BLEGERGHHE MY FACE ARG WHY'D THEY USE LIVE NIDS IN THE MUSIC VIEDO"


Gonna find out who's 'niddy or nice. The Hivefleet is coming to tooooown!

User avatar
Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 273
Joined: 23 October 2015, 09:27
Location: Celle near Hannover
Contact:

Re: LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

Postby Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf » 16 May 2016, 10:58

Dulahan wrote:
Uksharazad87 wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:

*to the tune of I'll be home for christmas*

There'll be 'nids for christmas...
Maybe, Hopefully


"I'm dreaming of a Nidddy' Christmas, just liek the ones i used to-BLEGERGHHE MY FACE ARG WHY'D THEY USE LIVE NIDS IN THE MUSIC VIEDO"


Gonna find out who's 'niddy or nice. The Hivefleet is coming to tooooown!
I prefer the classic Alice Cooper song "Santa Claws is coming to town". Night Lords anyone?
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god is what started this mess in the first place..." Bjorn the Fell-Handed
Purging the bugs you'll never know!


Return to “News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest