LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Mr Morden

Re: LET'S GO DEEPER INTO THE GOTHIC SECTOR!

Postby Mr Morden » 01 May 2016, 15:58

RelicJoo64 wrote:Hello,

Don't get me wrong there is a lot of excitement and joy in relation to "let's go deeper into the gothic sector!" but i would like to express me current feeling towards this game in its current state.

There was a lot of excitement leading up to the release of the game, for those of us that have a long history with GW (and TT gaming in general) the announcement of this game was fantastic. I love the game that GW created and there exists a great opportunity for BFG Armada to be also a truly amazing game. But right now unfortunately there exists way too many serious code issues that need immediate attention. We experience way too many game crashes and flow on effects that are generating far too many negative play experiences for the players. I have suffer multiple instances where the screen rotates to a flat plane and the camera is stuck and i lose complete control of my fleet. What is even worse is when the game has a fatal error and i am thrown out into my desktop. When i reload the game i discover that my entire fleet has been destroyed. Another example is when the player is using he Elder fleet and they can't use any of their abilities.

As we all known the potential of the BFG universe, there is a huge amount of amazing content that this game can tap into. The story line has already been written and the content for additional ships for the different fleets already exist, not to mention new fleets. I know that it will take some time and as players we need to be patient in order for the developers to address these current game issues. But soon there will be the release of another PC game based on the old GW fantasy universe and in the near future another based on the 40K game Space Hulk. I just would hate to see BFG Armada reflected badly if there bugs are not resolved soon, some people may decide to focus on other games.

The communication and feedback is great to the community i really appreciate that and i hope it continues. Also i really hope that the current game issues are resolved asap.

Thanks,

Joo64

Good points,

well made :)
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

ImperialFits022

Postby ImperialFits022 » 02 May 2016, 06:19

Mr. developers, your single player campaign is extraordinary, background 40k, music, dubbing...awesome !! Multi content is good but the solo content is better !! There are plenty of story to tell solo in the universe battlefleet 40k, do not forget the solo content ( addons etc...)!!!!

Deca

Postby Deca » 02 May 2016, 15:12

Superchibisan wrote:Dear god, please say Tyranids are next up...

Keep in mind this was how it was worded.

"Tyranids came second in the poll, and believe us, they won’t be left behind."

Hence, if the Space Marines are to be finalized, then Tau....and then if they do Tyranid, it might be a while.
Hopefully they will add them even if it will not be soon. Hopefully.
Mission Feedback & Suggestions
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=796

"A corpse for the Corpse God!"

"Innocence proves nothing"

"Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin"

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 02 May 2016, 19:49

Deca wrote:

Hence, if the Space Marines are to be finalized, then Tau....and then if they do Tyranid, it might be a while.

assuming heavy work on marines really started just before release, a 3 month cycle for basic faction development seems possiable, (although obviously more complex factions could take more time) optimisticly we could get 'nids for christmas.

Owl
Community Moderator

Postby Owl » 02 May 2016, 22:57

BrianDavion wrote:
Deca wrote:

assuming heavy work on marines really started just before release, a 3 month cycle for basic faction development seems possiable, (although obviously more complex factions could take more time) optimisticly we could get 'nids for christmas.

"Nids for Christmas" should be a song. Someone get on that!

W1nD

Postby W1nD » 02 May 2016, 23:45

Wow all the changes are things that every MP game needs to have and so far it seems like everything is being added that was really needed.

I am very disappointed that the Tyranids did not beat the Tau fleet - I am worried the Tau fleet will be too much like Eldar. Then again the Tyranids could have ended up being similar to orcs.

I guess I just wanted to see some living organisms floating through space and getting blown up to bits and pieces not just a flying Tuna Can but ill take the DLC please and thank you. lol

Death to the Xenos!
Cleanse them with flame!

BabyLionCub

Postby BabyLionCub » 03 May 2016, 05:43

Blackbeard wrote:
I almost WANT to pay for whatever the 7th fleet will be XD......'Crons?.....'Nids? got to one of them.

Obviously any future factions will be paid for DLC which is only fair. It is a lot of work to make this. 'Crons and 'Nids are both good in my book. Hopefully they will end up doing all of them =)

Edit: Removed bottom half of this post because I realized I had missed something very obvious in the OP. Carry on soldiers XD

McNash

Postby McNash » 03 May 2016, 16:32

What a great age for 40k, you can be a space marine, you can be a chapter master, and you can be a fleet admiral!
By the way guys, did you notice thanks to the wide variety of 40k games you can actually make a very consistent film with all of them?

Praise be!

I really hope we get Necrons next year, maybe add them and tyranids along with Blood Angels in a retale of the Shield of Baal Campaign?

Felhammer

Postby Felhammer » 04 May 2016, 02:14

Gotta admit I can be a bit of a sucker for the Tau Empire.

But until we get the fleet of the ordo malleus. Bring down the reign of fire!

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 04 May 2016, 11:40

Owl wrote:
"Nids for Christmas" should be a song. Someone get on that!

*to the tune of I'll be home for christmas*

There'll be 'nids for christmas...
Maybe, Hopefully

Return to “News & Announcements”