The Tau Empire DLC is now available...
And we are pleased to unleash the Tau Empire DLC with an explosive trailer!
The Tau are playable in the multiplayer modes, as well as in Skirmish mode against the AI.
The alien Tau Empire has rapidly expanded across the galaxy, aided by highly advanced technology and a total dedication to the Greater Good philosophy. Their fleets excel at long range, with powerful weapons dealing massive amounts of damage from afar.
Skilled Tau admirals can eliminate the bulk of an enemy fleet before they can even get within boarding distance. The Tau have access to a wide array of upgrades and traits to improve their fleet even further.
As announced several months ago, the Tau Empire faction will be free to all Early Adopters of the game on Steam. The Early Adopter offer applies to all Steam pre-purchase owners, as well as those who bought the game on Steam during the first two months following the game's release (before June 21, 2016). Players who purchased Battlefleet Gothic: Armada after June 21 will be able to purchase the Tau Empire as DLC.
Patch Notes - Build 1.7.9962 - Tau Empire Fleet Release
- Tau Empire fleet added!
Thanks to your feedback in the beta, we’ve made the following adjustments to the Tau fleet:
- The Kauyon Warfare accuracy bonus is now applied permanently and is effective starting from a 6k range.
- Modification of the Kroot Warsphere combustion gauge cooldown (60s -> 40s).
- The upgrade “Energy Shield” now only affects fighter ordnances.
- Transport ships can’t fit the upgrade “Stealth Alloy” anymore.
- The damage of the upgrade “Seeker Missile” has been reduced to inflict 1 damage every 3 second per defensive turret on the ship.
- The damage of the skill “Experimental Railgun” has been reduced from 100 to 90.
- Auxiliary ships are no longer able to equip favours.
- Integration of the proper weaponry on the Mars Imperial Battlecruiser (Heavy Macro-Battery).
Gameplay (Already included during the Tau Beta):
- Fixed when Planetary Assault missions that wouldn’t end if the defender player lost all of his ships.
- Fix of the green lines that can be displayed from the ships at the docks.
- Destroyed defence platforms and ship wreckages are no longer displayed at the edge of the map.
- Fix of the crashed provoked when a Space Marine player reconditioned his crew after fitting and unfitting the Master of the Forge favour.
- In 2v2, fix of the deployment zone that was wrongly displayed for the players 2 and 4.
- Fix of the Tzeentch favour that raised the Macro-Battery reload time by 1 second.
Bug Fixes (Tau):
- Fix of the Tau logo displayed on the mine deployment zone during a Space Station Assault mission for every faction.
- Fix of the “High Energy Turn” tooltip which was still displayed on the Kroot Warsphere.
- Fix of the black scene displayed when the Custodian is “Lost in Deep Space” for the first time.
- Fix of the issue that prevented the Guest player from seeing the harvesting drones on Demiurg ships (which acts as a feedback for the reloading of the “Cutting Beam” skill).
- Fix of the Leaderboard that won’t display the Tau Empire faction on the filter options.
- Fix of the predefined behaviour set on the Nicassar Dhow escort ship that won’t apply for the Guest player when these ships are deployed through the “Reinforcement” skill.
- Fix of the name in the in-game ship recap of the Tau “Emissary Sa’Cea” that displayed the “Protector” name instead of “Emissary”.
- Fix of the Kroot Warsphere that had its combustion gauge always empty.
- Fix of the Tau parts that displayed the Stealth FX when they were destroyed.
- Fix of the “Experimental Railgun” Auto-Fire behaviour, it now fires when it’s aligned with a target.
Bugs Fixes (Already included during the Tau Beta):
- Fix of the Chaos missiles - they now explode instead of disappearing when they miss their target.
- Fix of the platform counter which was reversed when Breakthrough missions were played as a defender.
- Fix of the issue that allowed the target ship in Assassination/Recovery to be hidden at the start of the game or to become stealthy.
- Fix of the AI fleet generation that wouldn’t happen correctly.
- Fix of an issue on the Leaderboard that won’t automatically update the rank gauge of the player profile.
- Fix of the pop-up window about the “Lost in Warp” consequences which was displayed on Custom Game when the player capitulated.
- Fix of the Upgrade “More Dakka” that could be fitted on Basha ships even when it didn’t have any Gunz.
- Fix of the random crash provoked when the player selects his admiral ship during the deployment phase.
- Fix of an issue that prevented the tooltip of the skill “Emergency Repair” to be displayed correctly at the docks.
- Fix of the Orks Zzap and Prow Gunz weapons texture that wouldn’t change with the favour colors.
- Fix of the planetary assault losing condition for the Attacker: Now the attacker loses the game if he loses all of his line ships
- Correction of the speed value for Imperial Navy, Chaos and Eldar ordnances.
- Fix of the selection events when the player selects a ship when he already has one selected that provoke the In-game stat panel to not be displayed.
- Fix of the Dauntless Mk2 wreckage, new mesh on the front hull.
- Correction of the Space Marine logo displayed on the Mission selection screen of a ranked game.
- Correction of the Imperial logo displayed on the Scorescreen of a ranked game.
- Fix of the Space Marine Chapter Master skill which wasn’t disabled when the ship suffers a critical hit on the Deck.
Bug Fixes (Update 1.7.9074, reverted on August 10):
- Fixed the crash provoked by the Eldar’s favors “Ulthwé” and “Saim-Hann”.
- When changing Admiral level, the icon will be updated in real time."
- A critical damage on the Engines on a ship fitted with the “Mezoa Pattern Drive” will no longer deny the special maneuver “Burn Retro”.
- In custom games, the selection arrow allowing to change the game size are hidden when two players are in the same team.
- Erasing Space Marines ranked profiles will no longer create a profiles without name in the profiles selection panel.
- In space station assault mission, the defending player can no longer deploy mines slightly outside of the allowed area.
- The weaponry counter on the ship stats will instantly display the correct number of weaponry when the ship suffers a critical damage.
- Changing the resolution in the game option will no longer reset the display mode.
- Fixed the auto-launch on the skill “Void shield transfer” that wouldn’t trigger for the ships having only 100 shield points.
- During a custom game, the last guest joining the game will now correctly see the environmental elements on the maps when the Host click on the ready button too quickly.
- It will no longer be possible to change the space Marine chapter during the creation of a profile.
- Fixed an issue when replacing a ship that cancelled the refund of the renown spent in the Upgrades and skills fitted on the ship.
- Fixed an issue that provoked some of the environmental elements to spawn upon defense platforms.
- The ship can no longer be stuck in the corner of the map when performing a full Ahead. The ship will now automatically return to the game area.
- Fixed the Adeptus Astartes Imperial’s favor, which did not give its +1 boarding actions bonus.
- Fixed the issue that prevented the player from changing the settings in custom games.
- Fixed a glitch that allowed the host player to become invisible with his flagship during the missions “Assassination” and “Data Recovery”.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the guest player from seeing the enemy ships in gaz cloud when they are at detection range.
- In “breakthrough”, fix of an issue that counted the destroyed defense platforms of the previous mission when the player pressed the retry button at the end of the game.
- Fixed the issue on the Dauntless’ wreckage that won’t collide with other elements.
- In ranked profiles, the Admiral level is not displayed anymore.
- Fixed the issue that prevented the player from remaping the camera’s rotation.
- Fixed the issue that made the slow from the Zzap Kanon weapon upgrade permanent if it landed during a micro-warp jump.
GUI (Already included during the Tau Beta):
- Change of the colour of the in-game panel for the player, its allies and the enemy.
- Change of the colour of the in-game Critical hide-box.
- Repositioning of the Crew panel titles.
- Augmentation of the Crew title text box width in order to correctly display all the Crew titles in every language.
- Integration of in-game enemy Hide-box of the combustion gauge for every faction.
- Correct integration of the green Escape Zone on the mini-map for the player who have to reach this area with his ships (still displayed in red for the enemy).
- Fix of the wrong position of the orders icons in the stat panel.
- Integration of the Space Marines Admiral ranks medals.
- Modification of the Eldar Admiral ranks medals.
- Modification of the background of the mini-map.
- Fix of the “High energy Turn” feedback which was shifted with the cursor position.
- Retake of the size and colour of the Tau heralds.
- Retake of the colour of the Tau In-game captain’s hide-box.
- Retake of the background size of the Tau Ordnance In-game panel.
- In the Pre-game panel, retake of the space of the text for the Gravity Hook weaponry.
- Integration of the hide-box for the behaviour panel on the Tau space stations, Tau defence platforms and the Kroot Warsphere.
- The “Gravity Wave Projector” skill will now correctly display the “Generator” icon on its skill icons when the Generator suffers a critical hit.
GUI (Update 1.7.9074, reverted on August 10):
- Fixed a shift on a text in the pregame setting panel.
- Fixed the rank upon the "load profile" screen which could display a shifted value instead of the actual league.
- Change of two Eldar Captains portrait that were not properly displayed in the scorescreen.
- In space station assault mission, the weaponry range feedback of the imperial space station is now properly displayed for the guest player.
- In the main menu, added a missing space above the leaderboard button.
- Fixed the In-game chat that was displayed above the escape menu which prevented the player from clicking on some escape menu buttons.
- Fixed an issue that displayed the light critical damage instead of the heavy critical damage on the engine of an Eldar ship.
- On the Orks generated profile, the skills will no longer be represented by a white square or a blank.
- Fixed an issue that wouldn't display the right number of weaponry for the guest when one of his ships suffered a critical damage on the prow.
- In ranked profiles, fix of an issue that displayed the Imperial logo for the Space Marines profiles.
- Fixed the detection range feedback that wouldn’t display for the allied ships as long as they stayed unidentified.
- Fixed an issue for the guest that could see the icon of the special action “lock on” above Host ships when the host was using the special action “Running Silent”.
- The “escort ship” feat has been added to the transport ships.
- Texture optimization for every Docks of every faction.
- Texture optimization for the GUI texture.
Optimisation (Already included during the Tau Beta):
- Improvement of the camera in order to diminish the rumbling on the camera while the player focuses on a target.
Optimisation (Update 1.7.9074, reverted on August 10):
- The gamma setting is now hidden when launching the game.
- Integration of the Admiral colour pattern for the Tau faction (White line on the admiral ship).
- Modification of the Emissive colour of the Kroot Warsphere from blue to Orange.
Graphics (Already included during the Tau Beta):
- Correction of the Space Marine LOD setting on the Bombardment Turret.
- Fix of the space between the faction cards on the faction selection panel.
- Correction of the reactor FX attachment for the “Imperial escort ships”.
- Correction of the reactor FX attachment for the “Eldar escort ships”.
- Correction of the reactor FX attachment for the “Chaos escort ships”.
- Correction of the reactor FX attachment for the “Space Marines escort ships”.
- Correction of the reactor FX attachment for the “Ork escort ships”.
- Fix of the Chaos Khorne favour skin which doesn’t apply on the Lance turret of the Hellbringer Mk1.
Graphics (Update 1.7.9074, reverted on August 10):
- Fixed the favor visual issue that could be be displayed over another ship.
- In the scorescreen of the Elite mode, fix of an artifact displayed over the continue button.
- For the Ork faction, the buttons of the skills boarding torpedoes and torpedoes are no longer swapped between the escort ships and the line ships.
- Fixed the Plasma Macro-Battery firing FX on the Imperial Space station.
- Fix of the Tau “Warp” sound that was global and didn’t take into account the sound settings.
Sound (Already included during the Tau Beta):
- Modification of the maximal value of the sliders in the sound options panel. (Highest value provoked sound glitches).
- Fix of a sound glitch on the Space Marines favour acknowledgements.
- Retake of the color of the Demiurg ship shields (Now red instead of orange).
FX (Already included during the Tau Beta):
- Fix of the firing FX on the upper Prow Gunz which was displaced on the Hull of the ship.
- Repositioning of the “All Ahead Full” Imperial FX on the battleships that has a little offset;
- Integration of a new textures for the new ship socle system for every races.
- Fix of the Chaos engines FX that spawned multiple instances of the same FX.
- Retake of the “escape areas” (i.e in the “convoy” mission) in order to change the color in red/green depending on your side and to display the correct faction’s logo.
- Update of the game credits (Tindalos team and SIDE Tau actors).
- Harmonization of the Data between the “Nova Kannon” Ork and the Imperial “Nova Cannon”.
- In the Campaign, the Space Station’s World Property penalty is now correctly displayed.
- Fix of the wrong tooltip displayed on the Heavy Macro-Battery for the Demiurg Stronghold.
- Fix of the “Gravity Wave Projector” skill’s data in order to display in its affiliation “Generator” instead of “Prow”.
Text (Already included during the Tau Beta):
- Modification of the disclaimer message.
- Modification of the Tooltip display system in order to constrain them on the screen edge when they are too long.
- Modification of the Ship Name “Transport” into “Conveyor” in order to have a ship class called “Transport” (Which can integrate Fire ship, etc…).
- Correction of the tooltip’s data for the Chaos Weaponry “Twin-linked Battery” which displayed wrong values.
- Fix of the wrong value displayed on the Pulsar’s data.
- Fix of the wrong name displayed on the torpedoes launcher of the Space Marine’s ship Vanguard MK1.
- Fix of the wrong name displayed on the torpedoes launcher of the Space Marine’s ship BattleBarge MK1.
- Fix of the wrong name displayed on the torpedoes launcher of the Space Marine’s ship Strike Cruiser MK2.
Text (Update 1.7.9074, reverted on August 10):
- The tooltips over the Admiral icon and the Admiral level are now properly displayed.
- Fixed the Eldar Pulsar tooltip which displayed a wrong value (-1) instead of its correct value.
- In “skirmish mode”, “coop” or “multiplayer”, a message is now displayed when the Host clicks on the “to Battle” / “Search button”.
- Fixed an issue displaying the wrong name on the Ork weaponry “Turret Gunz” in game, in the "set your fleet" panel and at the docks.
- Added the message “You have been disconnected” on the Main Menu when a player is disconnected from a Multiplayer lobby (except for the ranked match).
- Fixed a text during the campaign mission “Negotiation” which was displaying the wrong text.