The Tau Empire Beta!

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Velociraptom
Focus Team

The Tau Empire Beta!

Postby Velociraptom » 06 September 2016, 10:24

Greetings Admirals!

As announced on our development roadmap, the Tau Empire is the next faction to arrive in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. The DLC will release before the end of the month.

If you’re dedicated to the Greater Good, then we’ve got news for you: the Tau Empire beta begins very soon, and it will be open to everyone who owns a copy of the base game!

Stay tuned! We’ll release more details regarding the length of the beta, start date/time, and how to access it in the coming days.
For now, here’s the first screenshot of the Tau to keep you sated until the beta (more coming soon!):

For the Greater Good!

Velociraptom

Bosie

Re: The Tau Empire Beta!

Postby Bosie » 06 September 2016, 10:32

You may want to un sticky some posts as this is on page 2!

Velociraptom
Focus Team

Postby Velociraptom » 06 September 2016, 10:37

Bosie wrote:You may want to un sticky some posts as this is on page 2!

Woops! Thanks!

wowu5

Postby wowu5 » 06 September 2016, 11:52

Appreciate the progress, but I think that being almost entirely silent from the last major patch (ranked patch in the end of July) before suddenly jumping up with the introduction of another huge update is not a very smart way of communication.

As seen from this announcement Tindalos has been working on the game continuously and has a lot new to present, why not make a mini news update with a bit of information every week before? For example you may just take a screen shot the 3D model of a single Tau ship, or some portraits of Tau crew image and post it on Facebook every few days. Making progress is good, but it's also good to let players know that progress is being made regularly.

Tindalos's PR manger may looks at how another Focus's RTS developer, the Eugen System (check their Facebook page) manages to constantly keeps the community updated and informed. Even if there's no major content to announce, posting some in-game fun shot or gameplay from youtube (or even scree shot of mod gameplay) is already much better than nothing at all for more than a month time.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 06 September 2016, 15:51

Sooo, will we get a patch together with Tau beta?

Also, for the nth time I agree. Giving smaller but more frequent news/updates would be much better than sudden update after ages of waiting.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Mr Morden

Postby Mr Morden » 06 September 2016, 18:17

Ohh that looks very cool
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 07 September 2016, 00:32

Here is a question

Not everyone got the game when the tau were a "bonus" for buying the game

but im going to assume that in theis beta they can still play the tau? but when the beta is over ill assume they have to buy it?

This brings up a second question i have, how do dlc factions work in this game, if we dont have the dlc faction can we still face them in say skirmish?
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Rolepgeek

Postby Rolepgeek » 07 September 2016, 04:36

Hurrah!

Now, hopefully with all the promised content delivered they'll feel more like they can focus on what's already in the game rather than on the next DLC.

Cpt. Fortius Grim

Postby Cpt. Fortius Grim » 07 September 2016, 05:34

Great news! Been waiting for it to pop up.

Death to all xenos and all, but I'm still very interested in playing the blue little blighters sometime.

As for some of us wishing for more frequent bits of news, I'd say it hasn't been a full month since the last; That's still pretty frequent, especially at vacation season.
Plus, there's only so much to say about "Hey, we're making the tau fleet!"

Nice screenshot btw!
I wish the game looked this good while running too :P

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 07 September 2016, 06:10

Bludfist wrote:This brings up a second question i have, how do dlc factions work in this game, if we dont have the dlc faction can we still face them in say skirmish?

not 100% on this but i think it will work like DoW
you can fight against those fleets in pvp (dont know about skirmish)
but to play them you will need the dlc

cant wait for the bluies, curious what new mechanics they bring, cant wait to see how the pvp crowd finds a way to cheeze all your hard work :lol:
hope they can mess up my fleet lists with whole new stuff to counter, and new weaknesses to exploit

Return to “News & Announcements”