Ranked Matches Are Now Available!

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Neighbor Kid

Re: Ranked Matches Are Now Available!

Postby Neighbor Kid » 29 July 2016, 22:20

Good about the sounds..now add something along the lines of the ships shields are down! That is so necessary! Weapons destroyed audio que too.. wheres that?

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 30 July 2016, 00:07

Sindrey a écrit :
When will you nerf orks? Maybe revert back the point cost buff? Because having better lances than chaos, able to bring his full fleet and having the biggest base hp is surely balanced.

Agreed. Orkz are mess. They should be weak and be vulnerable en route, but dangerous in chaotic close combat. Now they're dangerous everywhere. I'd said, Orkz need weaker lances and more vulnerable light cruisers.

Orks zzaps didn t took a 50% damage nerf this patch?
Repent, for tomorrow you die

WIGHT

Postby WIGHT » 30 July 2016, 00:22

I would enjoy reanked mm if I could finish at least single bo3. I got crash after every first match of bo3.

HollowInfinity

Postby HollowInfinity » 30 July 2016, 04:23

I personally would like to see some Ork nerf ASAP. Man they are so powerful in which my friend and I can have four Top10 Ork accounts in one single day, each with diffrent build up. But if you like to hear some advice, there is more than just "Ork OP, PLZ nerf".

The bigest issue with Ork has to be the Tractor spam. Ranking is about 600-700 points gameplay so you will have to think on what 4-6 Tractor beams can do combined. I'm talking about ships that get pulled from 7500 range directly into a ram to the face, or BBs get throwed onto 30 torps and killed instantly.

It performs so well especially with tons of lance weapons build, which now does lower damage yet can still slow enemy ships. Slow + Tractor can make it nearly impossible for opponents to maneuver, the same problem that happened with Taunt before.

I really wish to see it fix soon, but past experience told that our dear Devs are so good at overnerfing things and make them completely useless. So here is one effective way to do it -- instead of changing any numbers, just make the Tractor beam deals a temporary effect which make the ship immune to any other Tractor beams used on it, last for about 5s.

This is the most important issue to fix if you wish to see Ork balanced. I do have more opinions about Ork and other factions, but I doubt it possible to handle them all at once, so it will be for another time.

I'm not a native English speaker, apologize if I made any mistake.

Teep

Postby Teep » 30 July 2016, 04:23

Teep wrote:Can you play 2v2 ranked or is it limited to 1v1?

I couldn't find the 2v2 option, guess I have my answer.
ETA on ranked 2v2?

Or is it news that the social interactions are what make people stick and come back to a game?

Mav

Postby Mav » 30 July 2016, 11:52

WIll there be a change to fixed 8k renown limit?
Coz 8k seems waay to low to create a fleet I'd be satisfied with
Hell, I can't even fully fit a battleship and cruisers
I understand that we are supposed to be counting risks with that but for instance Eldar ships are so shit without any upgrades bringing them into combat is just shooting oneself in a foot

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 30 July 2016, 14:56

i like the renown limit, dont play eldar alot so cant say how the balance looks for them but as chaos i can have a fully decked out primary fleet + a secondary fleet upgraded enough to ram into a battlestation
i havnt bothered doing anything to my BS tho, no point as chaos, i guess i can see how its a little worse for eldar
but increasing the points makes loosing ships for the other races almost inconsequential, exept for oks who can field their entire fleet

WhiteHawke

Postby WhiteHawke » 01 August 2016, 11:53

Is it possible to play with ranked profiles in custom games? I wasn't able to load mine, but maybe I was doing something wrong. If this is not currently possible, are there any plans for it?

Zeblasky

Postby Zeblasky » 01 August 2016, 17:17

Mav wrote:WIll there be a change to fixed 8k renown limit?
Coz 8k seems waay to low to create a fleet I'd be satisfied with
Hell, I can't even fully fit a battleship and cruisers
I understand that we are supposed to be counting risks with that but for instance Eldar ships are so shit without any upgrades bringing them into combat is just shooting oneself in a foot

That's the idea, you have to choose. You have to either create a single, but very powerful fleet, or to smartly spread your upgrades, so that loss of 1 fleet would not be an end to you, as well as getting some flexibility within your arsenal overall.

It's a new meta and a pretty cool one.

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 27 September 2016, 05:52

Can we get skirmish matches up to at least 800 points please!

Return to “News & Announcements”