Ranked Matches Are Now Available!

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Re: Ranked Matches Are Now Available!

Postby CALiGeR190 » 28 July 2016, 20:10

Psymple wrote:Image

Only took 4 games, 8 rounds, 8 wins... Orks were nerfed??? :O
Lolz

---

I sorta feel obligated to point out.
The games I play to get first place were against two seperate people twice.
Four games; two against one player and then two against another.

Both these players are rank 200+... how does beating 200+ players get you to rank 1... xD

Not many people playing it, clearly, I imagine people having bad experiences and just being cheesed into the dirt (you're welcome for your rank 1 btw).
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Psymple

Postby Psymple » 28 July 2016, 20:54

I mean... I literally cant get a game on that account anymore. xD
Searched for 1 hour, no game was found so... Rank 1... Not so fun.

aprg

Postby aprg » 28 July 2016, 20:59

I find it interesting that there's not even a Space Marine in that list yet.

I'm also on that list; managed to get into the top few because my tactics made three opponents in a row capitulate. :lol:

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 28 July 2016, 21:46

Psymple wrote:I mean... I literally cant get a game on that account anymore. xD

Same. Or I wouldn't still be at the bottom of the ranks.
Dead on arrival it seems this mode.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Teep

Postby Teep » 28 July 2016, 21:58

Can you play 2v2 ranked or is it limited to 1v1?

Stanley Pain

Postby Stanley Pain » 29 July 2016, 00:20

Yeah I called this out about a week ago. There's at most 500ish people playing (if we consider that ALL of those people are playing MP) daily. That's now where NEAR enough for a ranked system. Not only that but now the community is split between regular MP and ranked.

Nails. Coffin. Etc :(

hellraiz0r

Postby hellraiz0r » 29 July 2016, 07:12

Stanley Pain wrote:

Yeah I called this out about a week ago. There's at most 500ish people playing (if we consider that ALL of those people are playing MP) daily. That's now where NEAR enough for a ranked system. Not only that but now the community is split between regular MP and ranked.

Nails. Coffin. Etc :(

The problem of endless searchtimes for matchmaking is a common problem with low player base games. Splitting the already very low player queues further increases the problem even more. I've been observing the player numbers via http://steamcharts.com/app/363680 for a while now and it's pretty safe to say that we are between 180 - 500 players at worst/best every day, depending on daytime.

Considering the many game modes bfga has, draws a dark picture on how many players are actually MPing. Steamcharts not only shows the MP players but everyone starting the game. In that case players are split into: single players, custom gamers, skirmishers, multiplayers and now ranked players. If you now take the numbers mentioned before and divide those through 5 there is at best a base of around 30 - 100 people playing the multiplayer mode throughout the day and night.

I hope tindalos is not making the same mistakes as so many other game companies do and ignore the few peoples opinions playing the game actually everyday. Anything should be done to get matches very quick since long waiting times will frustrate many players and draw them to other titles where they can hop in get a game instantly.

imho that should be the first priority rather than bumping out new game modes that split the low playerbase even further.

Edit: A voting system for major feature implementation in this forum should be installed to get a clue on how the community welcomes certain features. I'd guess this could also prevent some frustrations on both sides, players and devs.

MiniCLoud

Postby MiniCLoud » 29 July 2016, 11:36

Oh well, I actually lost the renown due to ship replacement out of habit.
Now I can't play ranked anymore cause my ships aren't even upgradable. I'm in legendary league, and don't want to waste twice the time to get back into a new admiral ...
That was a nice "2 days feature".

Dreamstate

Postby Dreamstate » 29 July 2016, 11:44

Just the way of the gaming industry. Early BFGA was riddled with bugs, typos and, in places, has atrociously bad English grammar - it leads one, when picking upgrades, to wonder if "reload" of shields by 50% actually means "recharge". It is wrong words like this that heavily detract from a game that had so much potential - and they can't even arrange the right words in sentences the right way round.

Someone should tell them not to use Google Translate, but who knows.

So, in respects to how poorly this game was portrayed, I'm not surprised many people don't play it - especially when multiplayer balance is brought into question. And, of course, this does in a way prove with some evidence that BFGA was mainly bought by casual gamers.

Ranked game mode was never going to be something casuals will happily drop into, especially when they feel multiplayer is not balanced through their personal experience.

I'll have a crack at it later, but the game has been heavily let down by development problems - which, I will assume, has been a coding nightmare when working with french-english.

Netheos
Focus Team

Postby Netheos » 29 July 2016, 12:42

Update 29/07/16: We updated the game to fix several known issues:
  • Fix of the issue where, in ranked mode, if you replaced a ship, the associated skills and upgrades were not refunded.
  • Fix of the issue where, in ranked, manual refund of weaponry upgrades wasn't working as intended and gave back only 50% of the initial purchase price.
  • Fix of an issue causing Space Marines Strike Cruisers to have 4 assault actions instead of 3.
  • Fix of an issue with the Master of Forge.

Return to “News & Announcements”