Roadmap update, Ranked Matches, Leagues, Leaderboard and more!

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Neighbor Kid

Re: Roadmap update, Ranked Matches, Leagues, Leaderboard and more!

Postby Neighbor Kid » 04 February 2017, 15:20

Frothers wrote:
Neighbor Kid wrote:Hope we hear something soon, now that we are into February.

Seconded. There was that focus what's next event, and it would be awesome to hear what if anything is coming.

Exactly.. I have been scouring the internet looking for any articles.. but none located.. HERESY!

Roibr54

Postby Roibr54 » 14 February 2017, 17:46

i heard something that maybe a new Fleet is coming. This sounds great, however:

Game Mechanics, Game modes and lots of other stuff needs to change aswell. Believe me i really love to see Tyranid Fleet like you Guys, but 1st(and i dont mean America) some other Things!!

AND

Imperial Navy sucks soooooo bad right now!
I loved them. They were the Gunboats/Hammer and Marines are the Scalpel.
Right now:
Marines yay, Navy nay **Grrrr
It is easy to fix:
Give the Railguns we see on Ships and even the ones we don`t (Yes Implement them) Purpose! You know what im talking about...

My Argument is easy:
Tau & Eldar! They have so much Dps compared to Navy. Marines seem fine since they have really good Favours and are rally Tanky.
Less DPS(have they?!) but it is countered with especially able to Cripple other Fleets. I really can`t stand all the Youtuber/Streamer using SM`s and not using Prioritising the Systems. If you do.. Your chances of winning are drastically higher.

This goes with all Races. But it is especially true with SM`s since THAT IS THEIR MAIN PURPOSE AND STRENGHT in BFG!

Tried PVP few weeks back... None Game Found :evil: :evil:

Now the only Options i have are:
*Campaign
*Coop Skirmish(which i f...in LOVE to play with my Buddy

The Ingredients are her, but the Recipes needs a liitle taken care of!
How i see it Pvp is Dead, Player Base drastically sunken. What still is up is Co-op Gameplay. Which is : THE BEST ODF ALL MODES!

Now they can either forget this Game, or: BUILD ON Co-op. Which most of the people i know still play!
(The same goes with Deathwing(more Coop plz))

What is really needed in BFG is "Open World/Sector where you choose a Race and go Defending and Attaking Planets/Systems you conquered oir already had. All possible with Co-op. Maybe even more than 2players. You could also make it PVP aswell. But i think Co-op is the way to go!

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 16 February 2017, 01:39

Roibr54 wrote:i heard something that maybe a new Fleet is coming. This sounds great, however:

Imperial Navy sucks soooooo bad right now!
I loved them. They were the Gunboats/Hammer and Marines are the Scalpel.
Right now:
Marines yay, Navy nay **Grrrr
It is easy to fix:
Give the Railguns we see on Ships and even the ones we don`t (Yes Implement them) Purpose! You know what im talking about...

My Argument is easy:
Tau & Eldar! They have so much Dps compared to Navy. Marines seem fine since they have really good Favours and are rally Tanky.
Less DPS(have they?!) but it is countered with especially able to Cripple other Fleets. I really can`t stand all the Youtuber/Streamer using SM`s and not using Prioritising the Systems. If you do.. Your chances of winning are drastically higher.

Couple a things here; their twitter posted some picture to hype up some new fleet, but we have the CM here telling us that so far theri is nothing planned/to announce so there is a disconnect here and either the twitter people or the CM is wrong buit either way one of them is out of the loop

Now, IN are not weak, them and Chaos are STILL the only 2 balanced factions in the game, they need nothing done to them, its the other factions that are broken

How were Marines the "scalpel" where their entire playstyle consists of kiting while trying to cripple the enemy with RNG boarding torps?

How are the marines fine because of just their favors when only mechanics and chapter master are "that strong"? And tanky? do lances not shit all over SM and their low hp pools anymore?
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Roibr54

Postby Roibr54 » 16 February 2017, 13:42

Scalpel since Lore & Gameplay!

Yes, Crippling Fleets is Scalpel Work. You do Prioritise Subsystems on the Ships. And who has the very best chance of doing so? :shock:
I know that 99% do not use Prioritising Subsystems, funny though since this most important Tactic you should do with Marines!

Tell me how Orks are not balanced? There is nothing Scarier than an Ork Fleet...

I NEVER UNDERSTOOD RANT ABOUT ELDAR/ TAU. Go for Ramming and Torps and Goodnight too either!

From what you say, Eldar, Tau, SM and Orks are not balanced... Maybe Navy and Chaos is not properly balanced, what about that.
If you have 4 out 6 Fleets that are Badass, it makes no sense whatsoever nerfing these 4, instead of BUFFING THE OTHER 2 Fleets!

Why the .... do you Kite with Marines.. They are too slow for that. They are made for in your Face with Boarding and Lightning and F... Assaultboats and Bo,mbardements Cannons and Torps!

YOU KITE WHEN YOU HAVE THE SPEED ADVANTAGE :shock: :shock: :shock:
(*sigh since they dot have speed :idea: )

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 16 February 2017, 14:57

Imps with torps are a very powerful fleet. Love playing as then.

WIth marines you need to kite until you've done some damage via boarding before you close and brawl. They also have some decent speed, apart from the BB.

Roibr54

Postby Roibr54 » 16 February 2017, 15:33

Bosie wrote:Imps with torps are a very powerful fleet. Love playing as then.

WIth marines you need to kite until you've done some damage via boarding before you close and brawl. They also have some decent speed, apart from the BB.

You Guys make it sound like i said that IN are Unplaybale... I know how to play them is not the point!

I appreciate you Tipps its not about that. Compared to the Rest of the Fleet feels just Weak when it comes to plain Gunfire which should be your Main Dmg output namely MACRO Batteries. They should be the WORKING HORSE!

From the "Discussion" above in this Topic (NoNames) i felt the point that was not said but Circumscribed are Macro Batteries. Nova Cannon and Torps are one thing but the ships with Focus on Macro or lets say People that want Focus on Macro in one way or another and I am one of them aswell, feel bit left out on that. Somehow it kinda feels that way.

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 16 February 2017, 17:29

Roibr54 wrote:You Guys make it sound like i said that IN are Unplaybale... I know how to play them is not the point!

I appreciate you Tipps its not about that. Compared to the Rest of the Fleet feels just Weak when it comes to plain Gunfire which should be your Main Dmg output namely MACRO Batteries. They should be the WORKING HORSE!

From the "Discussion" above in this Topic (NoNames) i felt the point that was not said but Circumscribed are Macro Batteries. Nova Cannon and Torps are one thing but the ships with Focus on Macro or lets say People that want Focus on Macro in one way or another and I am one of them aswell, feel bit left out on that. Somehow it kinda feels that way.

If you're going to ignore the Imp's "heavy" weapons and rely on their main guns, then yes they will feel underwhelming. Against Eldar NCs are the iwin button and for all others you have torps. To make any race's fleet work you need to maximize all the advantages you have whilst minimizing your weaknesses. To ignore the strengths (torps/NC) you are gimping yourself.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 17 February 2017, 20:48

bludfist
you should really try the librarian
while having a chaptermaster in your fleet is essential
and the mechanicus is needed to make a BB shine
that still leaves you with a C in a decent 600pts fleet that should have a librarian who is one of the strongest favors in the game

1BB 2C the perfect marine fleet
leaving you with a master of sactity wich is a autowin if played right on a datarecovery or assassination mission
and should be on a specialized ship just for that

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 19 February 2017, 03:11

Roibr54 wrote:
Tell me how Orks are not balanced? There is nothing Scarier than an Ork Fleet...

"Scary" =/= balanced

The devs decided not to address the fundamental flaws of the faction and instead just cut prices across the board for a faction that already had the cheapest ships resulting in the broken mass Nova Kannon, Zzzap, Torp spam artillery orks

but once again the faction has only 1 viable playstyle and unlike TT, are horrible at brawling due to gimped mega kannonz
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 19 February 2017, 18:49

Bludfist wrote:
Roibr54 wrote:

"Scary" =/= balanced

The devs decided not to address the fundamental flaws of the faction and instead just cut prices across the board for a faction that already had the cheapest ships resulting in the broken mass Nova Kannon, Zzzap, Torp spam artillery orks

but once again the faction has only 1 viable playstyle and unlike TT, are horrible at brawling due to gimped mega kannonz

zapps is not the only option orks have
i have a carrier oks and they do awesomely
i have kannon orks and they are about as deadly as marine bombardment but less reliable
i also have half zapp orks suiciders and while the split fleet it needs is kinda wonky it works reasonably

and none of these use novas

Return to “News & Announcements”