Roadmap update, Ranked Matches, Leagues, Leaderboard and more!

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Roibr54

Re: Roadmap update, Ranked Matches, Leagues, Leaderboard and more!

Postby Roibr54 » 20 February 2017, 12:01

Bosie wrote:
Roibr54 wrote:You Guys make it sound like i said that IN are Unplaybale... I know how to play them is not the point!

I appreciate you Tipps its not about that. Compared to the Rest of the Fleet feels just Weak when it comes to plain Gunfire which should be your Main Dmg output namely MACRO Batteries. They should be the WORKING HORSE!

From the "Discussion" above in this Topic (NoNames) i felt the point that was not said but Circumscribed are Macro Batteries. Nova Cannon and Torps are one thing but the ships with Focus on Macro or lets say People that want Focus on Macro in one way or another and I am one of them aswell, feel bit left out on that. Somehow it kinda feels that way.

If you're going to ignore the Imp's "heavy" weapons and rely on their main guns, then yes they will feel underwhelming. Against Eldar NCs are the iwin button and for all others you have torps. To make any race's fleet work you need to maximize all the advantages you have whilst minimizing your weaknesses. To ignore the strengths (torps/NC) you are gimping yourself.

Like i said!
Its the Mainguns. They are called Mainguns for a reason guys. I know how to play them, its not that. Sometimes you want a challenge and torps make it too easy, same as Novacannon...

Plus Macros are just badass, so :mrgreen:

Im a nice guy so i will tell you guys again. Some people would like to kill with primarly Macro Cannons. Since it is/ Should be their mainweapons. Not torps, or novacannon! but it is not possible to really tune your ships towards that. Its only mediocre unlike torps and stuff. Maybe a firrate Upgrade wouldnt hurt the Navy i guess!
Its still a special ability spamfest. Not asmuch as it was before, but still.

Also i do thnx for the tips again , however they are not needed.

Roibr54

Postby Roibr54 » 20 February 2017, 12:06

Ashardalon wrote:bludfist
you should really try the librarian
while having a chaptermaster in your fleet is essential
and the mechanicus is needed to make a BB shine
that still leaves you with a C in a decent 600pts fleet that should have a librarian who is one of the strongest favors in the game

1BB 2C the perfect marine fleet
leaving you with a master of sactity wich is a autowin if played right on a datarecovery or assassination mission
and should be on a specialized ship just for that

Have that already of course. I have multiple fleets!
You guys can add me on steam or whatever. I can show my fleets and we of course, can play together! . There are better and worse fleets, depending on Race and or Fleetsetup!
Possibilities are huge. You can have torp fleets, novacannon fleets whatever you like, it is viable. But a flleet with focus on Macrocannons is not possible so to say. Why, there are not enough options for that.

Roibr54

Postby Roibr54 » 20 February 2017, 12:12

Ashardalon wrote:
Bludfist wrote:
Roibr54 wrote:
Tell me how Orks are not balanced? There is nothing Scarier than an Ork Fleet...

"Scary" =/= balanced

The devs decided not to address the fundamental flaws of the faction and instead just cut prices across the board for a faction that already had the cheapest ships resulting in the broken mass Nova Kannon, Zzzap, Torp spam artillery orks

but once again the faction has only 1 viable playstyle and unlike TT, are horrible at brawling due to gimped mega kannonz

zapps is not the only option orks have
i have a carrier oks and they do awesomely
i have kannon orks and they are about as deadly as marine bombardment but less reliable
i also have half zapp orks suiciders and while the split fleet it needs is kinda wonky it works reasonably

and none of these use novas

Okay scary doesnt mean good? What then is scary?
Yes orks are not perfect, but exactly that makes em the most scary of all fleets. Tons of hull, cheap ships and a pretty nice Boost that can get you compared very far!
Ai likes to use Orks with assaultboat aswell. They tend to torp and send assaultboats at the same time. In the meanwhile they rush you with the rest of the fleet. I mean iam prepared for that with certain skills and upgrades but still.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 21 February 2017, 03:53

Ashardalon wrote:zapps is not the only option orks have
i have a carrier oks and they do awesomely
i have kannon orks and they are about as deadly as marine bombardment but less reliable
i also have half zapp orks suiciders and while the split fleet it needs is kinda wonky it works reasonably

and none of these use novas

Carrier fleets are not all that impressive anymore; because, as you your self said people are aware of how to use detection now to deal with carriers
Carrier orks were a gimped playstyle due to its overpriced nature of grot lauch bays and the horribadness of fighta-bombas then the price cuts happened and now you can spam them just like eveything else about orks you just spam it now trops, Zzzaps, weird boy towers, novas etc the sheer number of ships that you can field as orks have basicaqlly made them a cheese faction

but if you want to do a carrier chaos is a much better race for that

Dont try and sell me that shennagins about Kannons; i expect better from you, its garbage and we both know it, 3K range 50% acc on slow firing weapons with no armor pen, every missed shot or shot negated by armor is very punishing in terms of dps loss and cant compare to bombardment cannons, why even bother taking them over lotsa gunz at this point atleast they have better range for harassment potential incase your prow blows up

This game was supposed to make you care about your ships, that was supposed to be are of that "narrative" bs the devs tried to push on us, an upgrade that specifically exists to make us want to let our ships die like the explosion upgrade should have never existed but it dosnt matter its not max level players have anything else to blow renown on bar repairing ships so using such an upgrade dosnt even have any real ramifications

Now listen, you may be a stand up guy and all not using Blood Axe nova kannon spam but the fact of the matter is that many people are, abusing the number of ships they can field to put out a large number of nova kannons and belt armor guarantees atleast 2 shots from each ships its a real issue and its frustrating to play against

also silent running

Roibr54 wrote:Okay scary doesnt mean good? What then is scary?

My argument was that scary does not mean balanced...that its not good for the game

You know what else was "scary"? Eldars original death pulse lazers

The were scary for any one that faced them and they sure as hell wasnt balanced nor good for the game
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 21 February 2017, 17:12

Bludfist wrote:This game was supposed to make you care about your ships, that was supposed to be are of that "narrative" bs the devs tried to push on us, an upgrade that specifically exists to make us want to let our ships die like the explosion upgrade should have never existed but it dosnt matter its not max level players have anything else to blow renown on bar repairing ships so using such an upgrade dosnt even have any real ramifications

My argument since day one. Get rid of the narrative from MP games. It adds nothing apart from pain to new players trying to get level 10 fleets. I'm sitting on 100k+ renown on my fleets, do I care if my ships die? No.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 21 February 2017, 19:25

Carrier fleets are not all that impressive anymore; because, as you your self said people are aware of how to use detection now to deal with carriers
Carrier orks were a gimped playstyle due to its overpriced nature of grot lauch bays and the horribadness of fighta-bombas then the price cuts happened and now you can spam them just like eveything else about orks you just spam it now trops, Zzzaps, weird boy towers, novas etc the sheer number of ships that you can field as orks have basicaqlly made them a cheese faction

first of all why are you using bommas, as orks you use assault boats, wreck their engines and then ram
and carrier chaos doesnt work because you try to stay out of detection range
so your enemy is also out of detection range making bombers unreliable
but ork carrier (or dictator carrier) stay close so the defense vs carriers (stealth) doesnt work vs them
every 30sec a ship loses every system and then gets rammed by an entire ork fleet
its pretty damn effective
and yes you spam it, but you can also combo it with zaps
but i dont combo it with my carrier fleet because that one is built not to use zaps
like i said, friend me and try how weak orks are without zapps or novas (might need to wait two months, my internet in my new place is kinda unreliable)
but if you want to do a carrier chaos is a much better race for that

no because bombers is all they have and they need stealth to survive
orks have a more sledgehammer approach to carriers then chaos and they do awesomely at it
Dont try and sell me that shennagins about Kannons; i expect better from you, its garbage and we both know it, 3K range 50% acc on slow firing weapons with no armor pen, every missed shot or shot negated by armor is very punishing in terms of dps loss and cant compare to bombardment cannons, why even bother taking them over lotsa gunz at this point atleast they have better range for harassment potential incase your prow blows up

crits, also prow kannonz???? are you mad, torps are the best weapon in the game!
while needing to lock on punishes orks by preventing brace it does give them massive damage especially with stasis and disruption
the only weakness kannonz have is the limit of kustom points
oh and armor, kannon orks simply die vs marines :( havnt found an answer vs them
investing all in kannons also leaves you weak vs torps or carrier, but its dmg is fast so if luck is on your side you will still crush your enemy
it is unreliable, you either win massively or lose massively but while its not a ranked fleet it is a usable orky fleet
Now listen, you may be a stand up guy and all not using Blood Axe nova kannon spam but the fact of the matter is that many people are, abusing the number of ships they can field to put out a large number of nova kannons and belt armor guarantees atleast 2 shots from each ships its a real issue and its frustrating to play against

never denied that novaspam orks are a cancer that needs to be nuked from orbit... repeatedly
but you sayd that it was the only way of playing orks and that is simply not true
every ork favor (except the yello one) has a viable tactic that makes them competitive
and you dont need zapps for it
there are many ways of playing orks and not all of them are cancerous trash nova spamming pieces of... im gonna quit here dont wanna be banned
This game was supposed to make you care about your ships, that was supposed to be are of that "narrative" bs the devs tried to push on us, an upgrade that specifically exists to make us want to let our ships die like the explosion upgrade should have never existed but it dosnt matter its not max level players have anything else to blow renown on bar repairing ships so using such an upgrade dosnt even have any real ramifications

orks
Orkses is never defeated in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fighting so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!
the explosion upgrade should come standard with orks, but its not useless, its orky and as long as you dont always die with the same ship it has its purpose, just lead with the warboss who is in your bestest must shiny and upradiest ship
but i would like orks to have cheaper repairs, like 1/4th cheaper not full mechanicus but still a reference to their scrappy builds
play orks as orks not imperials
loosing an emperor class is devastating to the imperium but loosing a deffdeala is just a good laugh and a propah scap for orks
have some fun with them its just a game for orks
also silent running

while strong, on orks it does prevent brace and just like lock on, that is a heavy sacrifice for orks
orks should just use clouds to hide

BanjoJohn

Postby BanjoJohn » 28 March 2017, 03:53

So just a bunch of further discussion that has nothing to do with an update to the roadmap or anything? I know this post isnt adding anything but why not.

Romeo

Postby Romeo » 28 March 2017, 16:19

I'm getting the inclination that there isn't a roadmap at this point. The longer they go without making any kind of announcement, the smaller the chances get of the community noticing and purchasing it. And given that we've basically had radio silence since the start of the year, I would hazard a guess that there is no more plans for production.

Frustrating, as I would have happily paid for new races, just as I'm sure most others would have.

CIRO

Postby CIRO » 07 April 2017, 21:21

Romeo wrote:I'm getting the inclination that there isn't a roadmap at this point. The longer they go without making any kind of announcement, the smaller the chances get of the community noticing and purchasing it. And given that we've basically had radio silence since the start of the year, I would hazard a guess that there is no more plans for production.

Frustrating, as I would have happily paid for new races, just as I'm sure most others would have.

Alternatively, they're trying to figure out what's next for them, I don't think this studio I'd never heard from before expect this to blow the Feth up like it did, but it deserves more expatiation. And modding to the eye of terror and back.

McNash

Postby McNash » 09 April 2017, 19:47

CIRO wrote:
Romeo wrote:I'm getting the inclination that there isn't a roadmap at this point. The longer they go without making any kind of announcement, the smaller the chances get of the community noticing and purchasing it. And given that we've basically had radio silence since the start of the year, I would hazard a guess that there is no more plans for production.

Alternatively, they're trying to figure out what's next for them, I don't think this studio I'd never heard from before expect this to blow the Feth up like it did, but it deserves more expatiation. And modding to the eye of terror and back.

Just bring the Necrons, that's all what a lot of people want.

Return to “News & Announcements”