Roadmap update, Ranked Matches, Leagues, Leaderboard and more!

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Lord Baal

Re: Roadmap update, Ranked Matches, Leagues, Leaderboard and more!

Postby Lord Baal » 23 June 2017, 22:54

It is dead, sadly it is. Heck, I will eat my hat if I'm wrong.

There's just so much you can stretch the suspense before it become obvious you ran out of steam and have noting cocking up. Perhaps the game wasn't a financial success they expected, or it was but not as much as they wanted, and investor interest got away.

I blame mainly lack of modding and even when the game is brilliant and well executed, it seems relied a lot on the MP for it's longevity, which is not a good thing on this kind of games.

Moding would have give it a fresh life to the game every time anyone wanted.

And don't come around saying GW wouldn't allowed, we have plenty of games with GW IP like Total Warhammer and Dawn of War with many, MANY mods so far.

Other thing that might have helped could have been sandbox campaign mods and the inclusion of at least Necrons if Tyranids are so freaking difficult (even when a MOBILE game managed to get them working....)

In the end I love this game and probably will keep playing for years, but it will always be a tad sad it didn't managed to develop it's full potential.
The Emperor is master of the galaxy, but the captain is master of his ship.
-Popular naval saying

Romeo

Postby Romeo » 26 June 2017, 17:19

Lord Baal wrote:It is dead, sadly it is. Heck, I will eat my hat if I'm wrong.

There's just so much you can stretch the suspense before it become obvious you ran out of steam and have noting cocking up. Perhaps the game wasn't a financial success they expected, or it was but not as much as they wanted, and investor interest got away.

This was my guess as well. One month of suspense? Cool! Three months of suspense? You better have an expansion or sequel announcement. Six months of suspense? We've all stopped believing there's anything to be in suspense of.
Lord Baal wrote:I blame mainly lack of modding and even when the game is brilliant and well executed, it seems relied a lot on the MP for it's longevity, which is not a good thing on this kind of games.

Moding would have give it a fresh life to the game every time anyone wanted.

And don't come around saying GW wouldn't allowed, we have plenty of games with GW IP like Total Warhammer and Dawn of War with many, MANY mods so far.

Hell yes it would've! I still play Dawn of War for exactly that reason. Also would've taken some of the pressure back off the devs. If they couldn't get something going, or couldn't allocate resources to every minute little thing, they could just basically use the modders as free labour to "fill in the blanks". Big opportunity wasted...
Lord Baal wrote:Other thing that might have helped could have been sandbox campaign mods and the inclusion of at least Necrons if Tyranids are so freaking difficult (even when a MOBILE game managed to get them working....)

In the end I love this game and probably will keep playing for years, but it will always be a tad sad it didn't managed to develop it's full potential.

Agreed fully. Had another race come out (And as much as I would've wanted Necrons, I would've paid for any race, like the Tyranid, Dark Eldar, or something unique). It's really disheartening to see the game abandonned like this. I sincerely considered it one of the best Warhammer games ever at release, but they never bothered fleshing it all out...

Lord Baal

Postby Lord Baal » 30 July 2017, 13:42

Just a heads up. Moving the forums won't save the game from the undead, extasis state it is now. It only reeks of dismantling operations, shutting down servers and moving on to the next game already.
The Emperor is master of the galaxy, but the captain is master of his ship.
-Popular naval saying

Return to “News & Announcements”