Roadmap update, Ranked Matches, Leagues, Leaderboard and more!

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Marwynn

Re: Roadmap update, Ranked Matches, Leagues, Leaderboard and more!

Postby Marwynn » 26 July 2016, 04:09

You guys really are doubling down on the persistence thing, huh?

Ire

Postby Ire » 26 July 2016, 18:55

I see a lot of people demanding cruiser clash as the only mission. I think I need to disagree a bit here.

I submit for consideration that it can be unfair to have a non-objective based mission, where there is nothing to force the engagement. It will heavily favor sniper/kite builds.

Objective based missions can force close engagements, or pressure a fleet like eldar to fight their way to an objective rather than just ordinance spam from 12k.

Yes, some missions do favor certain races. This is a unresolvable (imo) issue.

I think the real issue is giving a player choice. Make it random, then people will pick fleets and compositions that can handle a variety of situations, rather than everyone playing the exact same meta.

Drakausa

Postby Drakausa » 27 July 2016, 05:27

FeyPrince wrote:
6) NO ELO! All players get to start at same level with one Admiral and one Faction fleet they chose. They take that fleet, and Admiral, which they may change around before each match, until they are beaten in a BO3 win/lose result.

Bottom Line is the KISS principal. Somewhat like chess, equal sides (1000 ship points) and player skill.

Also, lol? ELO is the current ranking system used in chess (If I'm not mistaken, in fact was invented for chess). I'm assuming you meant something else here?

No sir, I meant what I said. NO ELO with the minimal player base we have. New players will learn their control and tactics from the start by playing whoever they face. The devs have made it PLAIN that balance was never a major factor in this game so no ELO should be fine with them. You may start some sort of ELO after a LOT of games in a ranked system but for now, ELO is more dependent on numerous factors such as upgrades, skills, weapons performance and above all, RNG. Player skill is WAY down on that list for an ELO in BFG. An ELO is designed to BALANCE players skill from past performance in games. In chess that is THOUSANDS of games and millions of players over time. Not here, not with BFG and not with a design parameter that throws together whoever happens to be playing at the time. Playing against a highly skilled player at start is the basic BFG:ARMADA 'learning curve'. That is in the game and how it is working 'as intended'.

FeyPrince

Postby FeyPrince » 27 July 2016, 18:22

Then what's the point of playing ranked, if there is no ranking?

Drakausa

Postby Drakausa » 27 September 2016, 19:13

I would presume that FUN is the basic reason for, not just playing, but continuing to play, any game. If you do not enjoy what you are playing, especially if you paid real money for it, then you have continuing frustration. It is hard to believe that anyone does not understand this. BFG:A was made and sold, from the start, to sell to players who already know about the board game as well as appeal to those who are caught up in the more recent rash of 'space' oriented gaming. Ranking systems are to get the attention of the console players who are not as concerned with any actual content fun as with the 'winning' and then going at it again with the start. Newbie bashing and 'elite' status is important in this crowd. Is this a wrong thing to want for fun? Certainly not, it is a viable game play pleasure for literally millions. BFG:A attempted to add the fun and immersion factors of an MMO with a quick play console game system. Has Tindalos failed or succeeded? That is for results to decide as well as individual players.

A clue: Watch for indications of a new game under development from Tindalos.

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 03 October 2016, 18:32

Road map update please!!!!!

Mercy Flush

Postby Mercy Flush » 04 October 2016, 00:33

Neighbor Kid wrote:Road map update please!!!!!

This would be greatly appreciated. :D

Harlequin

Postby Harlequin » 05 October 2016, 14:10

Yes please!

Give us at last a few infos about whats coming in the near future, like:

(Tyranids->Necrons->Dark Eldar). :mrgreen:
Spoiler : :
Steam-Name: "Marilyn Manson"

"We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand."

"Death is my meat; terror my wine."

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 05 October 2016, 15:55

Instead of a roadmap update, I personally would rather like to see an "open discussion" or a AMA where even the inconvenient stuff gets addressed, since I really would like to know the reasoning behind a lot of changes, their plans in terms of balance, how they view the feedback of the community, their opinion about the state of the game, goals, the actual restrictions from GW (e.g. how they affect balance changes for weapons and how they function), etc.
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 05 October 2016, 20:20

Sagranda wrote:Instead of a roadmap update, I personally would rather like to see an "open discussion" or a AMA where even the inconvenient stuff gets addressed, since I really would like to know the reasoning behind a lot of changes, their plans in terms of balance, how they view the feedback of the community, their opinion about the state of the game, goals, the actual restrictions from GW (e.g. how they affect balance changes for weapons and how they function), etc.

I like this... Lets get an AMA devs! Launch a teamspeak AMA day!

Return to “News & Announcements”