The Eldar fleet strikes before joining the beta next week!

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Netheos
Focus Team

The Eldar fleet strikes before joining the beta next week!

Postby Netheos » 07 April 2016, 10:20

Fitted with the finest technology in the universe, Eldar ships are fast and highly manoeuvrable. They pack serious firepower, with incredible damage projection and application. Their strategy is based around hit-and-run assaults, taking their targets by surprise while inflicting maximum damage. Their speed allows them to disappear as fast as they arrived, as shown in today's Eldar trailer.

Eldar ships are as fast as they are fragile - they lack in any heavy armour. With the exception of their battleships, their craft are not fitted with shields, instead relying on advanced Holo-fields in conjunction with their speed and agility to avoid incoming fire. This makes them extremely hard to track and hit with conventional weaponry. Destroying Eldar ships’ engines is the best way to keep them at close-range, ensuring you have enough time to inflict lethal damage.

The Eldar fleet will be joining the beta next week! They will be ready to pit their guerilla tactics against the Ork’s brutal manoeuvres, the Chaos’ long-range gameplay and the Imperium’s balanced style, during epic and tactical space battles. Eldar fleets are built around strategies based on speed, surprise and sudden firepower, offering a brand new gameplay style and deep tactical options for Battlefleet Gothic players.

So far the community has been incredibly helpful to iron out the game and the beta players will be able to help us balance the Eldar fleets as soon as next week, just like they have the other three factions. This will ensure the best possible experience when the game releases on April 21.

Preorder Battlefleet Gothic: Armada’s Early Adopters Edition at 10% off, and receive the Space Marines fleet + one additional fleet (more info coming soon) for free, as well as instant access to the beta, which will continue until the game releases. Battlefleet Gothic: Armada will release April 21st on PC.

Necroledo

Re: The Eldar fleet strikes before joining the beta next week!

Postby Necroledo » 07 April 2016, 10:32

Hype intensifies! Sad to have to wait for next week, but happy to hear they will be in the beta very soon.

Kadaeux

Postby Kadaeux » 07 April 2016, 10:40

I hope they mean by next-week, they mean Sunday or Monday :p

(Or even better, Friday so they can show how generous they were getting it out on the normal Friday update!)

Spector

Postby Spector » 07 April 2016, 11:14

Great news!

Can't wait to try their ships out after playing chaos, they seam like an upgrade and more specific hit and run attackers.
My YouTube channel with BFG:A videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/perafilozof

milkshaker

Postby milkshaker » 07 April 2016, 11:14

OMG does that mean eldar ships can cloak? :D i will be so bad at playing them, but that is awesome :D

Crumplezone

Postby Crumplezone » 07 April 2016, 11:26

Released next week? I hope you mean Monday, or eldar is going to have a rushed testing period of a mere week and 3/4 before release and consider the track record currently of balancing things and patches being released you can't really convince me that you will have any of it sorted before release at this point.

While welcome the eldar is coming, leaving it to practically the last minute in beta terms to introduce both the full meta and then try and sort out all of the issues associated with that in a 2weeks span doesn't particularly look like a good decision.

Not to mention you are supposed to be releasing space marines shortly after release according to your pre-order advertisement which is another meta change and another round of balancing required.

I know this post is coming across negative and not all "YAY ELDAR!" but there is still issues with the first 3 races, let alone trying to sort any issues out with eldar aswell before release and it concerns me its all being abit rushed.

Shaftoe
(Former) Technical Tester
Location: Imperium of Man, Holy Terra, Territory of Ancient Russia.

Postby Shaftoe » 07 April 2016, 11:43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKu1UIl ... tml5=False

Crap... With such speeds we're almost out of tools to counter them. We are all dead in the water, if there won't be some skill like "Tractor beam". These space planes won't left much of IN, Orks or Chaos ships in one piece. And forum whimpers will end those who survived.

Tindalos, we need countermeasures immediately!
Last edited by Shaftoe on 07 April 2016, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no such thing as innocence, merely variety of degrees of guilt" - Inquisitorial motto.

Eldrad_Ulthran

Postby Eldrad_Ulthran » 07 April 2016, 13:15

"next week"..not particularly clear as to when, your making it sound like we're having to wait an entire extra week for them, which wouldn't leave enough time to balance them at all, so i hope you mean sooner than that...but some sort of...official date or clarification would be nice, i'd like to have my eldar...soon.

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 07 April 2016, 13:33

Hmm, Eldrad Ulthran not able to see the exact release date of Eldars. Is it some kind of Eldar bad joke? :)
Repent, for tomorrow you die

Jether

Postby Jether » 07 April 2016, 13:35

*Reverts to giddy schoolgirl* teeheee ^.^
Emperors Elite Testing Team

Return to “News & Announcements”