Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Rolepgeek

Re: Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

Postby Rolepgeek » 24 June 2016, 03:04

I'm really interested to see how the devs handle the homing torps and unique ordnance. They're using Space Marines to help work out balance issues with the Tau before they even introduce them, as far as I can tell.

Glad to see the AP rounds change. More important in brawls to keep your prows facing the enemy when they broadside now, which is pretty cool.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 24 June 2016, 06:59

The battlebarge did not get nerfed. For 300+ points it should not be.

The Strike cruiser.... we'll see if the bombardment AP value manages to make up for the nerfed broadsides.

No health buff to Vanguards is bad.

Also, this does not address the AP issue. It is lances that break space marines, not brawling AP.

If you got into macro AP range you risk SM boarding.

Lances don't have this weakness.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Anuri

Postby Anuri » 24 June 2016, 08:33

Imperator5 wrote:
It is lances that break space marines, not brawling AP.

That's exactly how it is supposed to be!

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 24 June 2016, 08:50

Anuri wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

And that's retarded. A faction having no possible answer for a tactic is just bad game design. Mind, GW makes good lore and models, but shit rules so this is no surprise.

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

Anuri

Postby Anuri » 24 June 2016, 09:17

Imperator5 wrote:
Anuri wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

And that's retarded. A faction having no possible answer for a tactic is just bad game design. Mind, GW makes good lore and models, but shit rules so this is no surprise.

Has to be true to the TT and Lore. SM ships are purposefully weaker than IN because they are not designed for cruiser clash.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 24 June 2016, 09:21

Anuri wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Anuri wrote:

Has to be true to the TT and Lore. SM ships are purposefully weaker than IN because they are not designed for cruiser clash.

TT I don't give a rat's behind about it, but in lore SM ships are supposed to be very though and very resilient. They are NOT here. They simply had subpar firepower in Lore as far as strike cruisers were concerned, and that's already true.

Anuri

Postby Anuri » 24 June 2016, 09:27

Imperator5 wrote:
Anuri wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

TT I don't give a rat's behind about it, but in lore SM ships are supposed to be very though and very resilient. They are NOT here. They simply had subpar firepower in Lore as far as strike cruisers were concerned, and that's already true.

Well you can not like it any much you want, but transition from TT is core design philosophy here. But I think lowering point cost is a good way to go. SC is more expensive then the Lunar, where it should be actually cheaper. Maybe this is the way to go. But the ships feel very true to TT.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 24 June 2016, 09:35

Anuri wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Anuri wrote:

Well you can not like it any much you want, but transition from TT is core design philosophy here. But I think lowering point cost is a good way to go. SC is more expensive then the Lunar, where it should be actually cheaper. Maybe this is the way to go. But the ships feel very true to TT.

I'll agree with you there that it matches the board games. But any tabletop marine faction has always been crap so that's not a good thing.

I actually wonder why they made the lore so different from the games. Why make the space marines superwarriors? Why not just keep them at simple slightly better cannon fodder they were in Rogue Trader. I mean, I wonder this from a game design standpoint.

Anuri

Postby Anuri » 24 June 2016, 09:38

Imperator5 wrote:
Anuri wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

I'll agree with you there that it matches the board games. But any tabletop marine faction has always been crap so that's not a good thing.

I actually wonder why they made the lore so different from the games. Why make the space marines superwarriors? Why not just keep them at simple slightly better cannon fodder they were in Rogue Trader. I mean, I wonder this from a game design standpoint.

Oh that's easy. You can't sell many models if you make lore-accurate SM. I mean a regular 15 pts marine is supposed to be 105 pts as far as I remember calculations and having it's stats close to the wraithlord )))

But as far as BFG goes - the ships are lore-accurate.

Anuri

Postby Anuri » 24 June 2016, 10:12

Drakki wrote:
Anuri wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

Oh that's easy. You can't sell many models if you make lore-accurate SM. I mean a regular 15 pts marine is supposed to be 105 pts as far as I remember calculations and having it's stats close to the wraithlord )))

But as far as BFG goes - the ships are lore-accurate.

Perhaps they are accurate until the Inquisition spots lances on the astartes ships :lol:

It is not prohibited, just limited compared to other fleets.

Return to “News & Announcements”