Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Zeblasky

Re: Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

Postby Zeblasky » 23 June 2016, 18:31

Sooo, there's 2 Zzap Orks playing 2v2 right now, and they are freaking scarier than pre-nerf pulsars. At least VS is easy to kill once tagged with a beacon, but those Zzaps slow you, ignore your shield and deal too much damage. Oh, and permanent crits when shield is up are nice too. When Chaos is losing at 12 k range against Orks, something is REALLY wrong.

P.S. Still want 360 points badly, will say all the nice things about devs for that.
Last edited by Zeblasky on 23 June 2016, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 23 June 2016, 18:36

Ashardalon wrote:still wont be playing orks , dont like long range lancespam nor have i ever met an ork like that that stood a chanse doing it

I have lost only 2 or 3 games with it so far, but that was a combination of the gamemode and me playing the MU poorly.
But as I said, it is a boring playstyle.
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Psymple

Postby Psymple » 23 June 2016, 18:44

Sagranda wrote:I don't understand the Macro changes entirely, too.
I would say it was to decrease damage, while increasing the chance for crits.
I don't know the numbers right now, so I can't say if it is really a good trade off (Chapter Master Stance has to be taken into account, too)

SM battle barges had Macro Batteries and Plasma Macro Batterys, both had the exact same stats.
Now they dont Macro Batteries lost dmg and got quicker reload, and plasma batteries got longer range.

The change to reload speed on Light Macro Batteries is a huge buff to SM cruiser macros, not to mention SM are the only faction not to lose the original version of armour piercing macro buff... meaning SM cruiser macros got a double buff in relation to all other factions.

TL:DR; its a big buff to SM macros.

tabbehim

Postby tabbehim » 23 June 2016, 18:50

Psymple wrote:
Seriously, orks with zaaps are now basically necros... slow, super long range... destroy everything.

and that's THE problem, if you want play ork for fun with whaag and ramming at very close range, you don't play for competitive.
Plus, if you have that much zzap, you haven't ordnance, so, you're basicaly defensless against torpedo (homing is worst) and other ordnance.

I'll play necron when necron comes.
Fun first :lol:

Anastari

Postby Anastari » 23 June 2016, 19:06

Except for the huge nerf to space marine macros this patch is pretty decent.
Last edited by Anastari on 23 June 2016, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Death is my meat, terror my wine.

Anastari

Postby Anastari » 23 June 2016, 19:22

Zeblasky wrote:Sooo, there's 2 Zzap Orks playing 2v2 right now, and they are freaking scarier than pre-nerf pulsars. At least VS is easy to kill once tagged with a beacon, but those Zzaps slow you, ignore your shield and deal too much damage. Oh, and permanent crits when shield is up are nice too. When Chaos is losing at 12 k range against Orks, something is REALLY wrong.

P.S. Still want 360 points badly, will say all the nice things about devs for that.

About as wrong as when chaos, a dedicated long range faction, is able to out brawl Orks with ease.
Death is my meat, terror my wine.

Psymple

Postby Psymple » 23 June 2016, 19:27

Zeblasky wrote:Sooo, there's 2 Zzap Orks playing 2v2 right now, and they are freaking scarier than pre-nerf pulsars. At least VS is easy to kill once tagged with a beacon, but those Zzaps slow you, ignore your shield and deal too much damage. Oh, and permanent crits when shield is up are nice too. When Chaos is losing at 12 k range against Orks, something is REALLY wrong.

That might be us! :D :p

Are they using 2x Battleship and 2x Battlecruiser? With 14 Zaaaps and 20 torps? :o

Guyver

Postby Guyver » 23 June 2016, 19:30

i must admit it: well done guys at tindalos.
a shame you made us wait so much for these fixes with almost no communication in between, but i don't care anymore, the game is gonna be so much fun right now! :D

i give you "92 minutes applause"

Zeblasky

Postby Zeblasky » 23 June 2016, 19:30

Psymple wrote:

That might be us! :D :p

Are they using 2x Battleship and 2x Battlecruiser? With 14 Zaaaps and 20 torps? :o

.... you killed my beautiful Hellbringer with 60 battles when he was wapping out qq Did you even lose a single game?

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 23 June 2016, 19:45

tabbehim wrote:ok, a reduced by 25% for the AP is a good trade, ork and sm can take more shoot before explode.
the return of the belt armor for ork is a good news.
ork ship have reduced cost, well, their ship are crappy (more damage because fire, more damage for an hull brench, the slowest faction), hope it's enough to saw back some ork player.

Just ran into a ork zap torp nova spam fleet. believe me fires and hull breaches are the least of your worries...

By making ALL orks cheaper they made them OP now with that build.

Return to “News & Announcements”