Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
User avatar
Netheos
Focus Team
Posts: 153
Joined: 08 October 2015, 08:05
Contact:

Re: Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

Postby Netheos » 24 June 2016, 10:45

Hey guys,

We forgot a few changes in the patch log. They have just been added.

Gameplay - SPace Marines

  • The Thunderhawk Gunship damages have been improved to 40.
  • Space Marines Light Cruisers and Cruisers rotation speed have been improved.
  • The cooldown on the skill "StormHawk Squadron" has been reduced to 60seconds.

Bug Fix
  • The armor piercing attribute is now correctly working on Bombardment cannons.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

Postby Imperator5 » 24 June 2016, 11:05

Good to hear!
I was hoping Vanguards would get +100 health and the SM would have all 3 ordenance options by standard, but still better than nothing.

Also technically the Space marine chapters are not under the High Lords nor the Inquisition. They are technically answerable only to the Emperor.
So a Chapter with a good clean record and good connections with Mars could get ships with better equipment.

I do not think Space marine ships are tough as they are in Lore. While I understand they weakened space marines to extremely mediocre to sell new models, I do not understand why their lore is as it is now.

Why make them this powerful elite in the first place? Why not keep their lore as simply over-steroided space cops and make them into this hyper powerful superhumans?
And if they do, why don't they do it in video games too? Dow costs the same no matter if your SM army is 20 or 50 marines strong.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

Postby Imperator5 » 24 June 2016, 11:35

Indeed it can. I think I said technically. I never said unofficially they can't pressure them to obey by various means. Inquisitors can threaten or bribe, or can even choose to "adopt" chapters as rivals or allies if they got the same philosophical outlook or the opposite. Like how Xanthite Inquisitors would be all superfriends with the Relictors, or how an extra puritanical Inquisitors would dislike Space Wolves.

It is in fact a direct opposite of the Mechanicus, who are part of the High lords technically, but in fact neither the Imperium nor the Inquisition has any power over them since they maintain all the machinery in the Imperium, and it would literally stop working if the Techpriests got grumpy. The fact that they got very little flesh left to torture only helps this.

Mind, the (mostly) High Lords and the (to an extent) Inquisition are the reason why the Imperium has weakened so much. Under space marine leadership it would do a hundred times better. The High lords are usually useless while the Inquisition does as much harm as it causes.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

Postby Imperator5 » 24 June 2016, 11:47

Drakki wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:Indeed it can. I think I said technically. I never said unofficially they can't pressure them to obey by various means. Inquisitors can threaten or bribe, or can even choose to "adopt" chapters as rivals or allies if they got the same philosophical outlook or the opposite. Like how Xanthite Inquisitors would be all superfriends with the Relictors, or how an extra puritanical Inquisitors would dislike Space Wolves.

It is in fact a direct opposite of the Mechanicus, who are part of the High lords technically, but in fact neither the Imperium nor the Inquisition has any power over them since they maintain all the machinery in the Imperium, and it would literally stop working if the Techpriests got grumpy. The fact that they got very little flesh left to torture only helps this.

Mind, the (mostly) High Lords and the (to an extent) Inquisition are the reason why the Imperium has weakened so much. Under space marine leadership it would do a hundred times better. The High lords are usually useless while the Inquisition does as much harm as it causes.

Mechaniucs is largely kept in check by their doctrine, internal chain of command and the Inquisition. Just like a chapter can be brought to hill so do Fabricator General's . They also have a form of their own internal purity inquisition in the form of specialist Mago's who's sole purpose is to check on others and Mechanicus assets.

As to the leadership part- I don't know about this, Astartes are hardly immune to power corruption and are actually susceptible to inter chapter animosity, so in my opinion unless a Primarch was on the job it would could turn as bad.

On the topic of inquisition as much bad as they do they are doing a great job at seeding out enemy in the ranks and keeping Imperial Creed alive which in turn keeps the Imperium alive and working.


The Inquisition has little pull on the Mechanicus. They are kept more in line by their beleiefs and by having the Imperium as their supplier of fresh raw materials as well as the meat shield should they come under attack.
Yeah the Order of the Dragon is basically their own internal self police. The Inquisition sometimes blunders in, but they are mostly useless since the Mechanicus uses a completely different method of thought as well as forms of communication that the Inquisition most likely does not even know about, like the Noosphere. They can't even translate Binary/techpriest machine speech.

You are right. In fact even Primarchs are not immune to this. I would not say they would do a great job, just that they would do a better job than the High Lords and the Inquisition. That's like having better hygene than a Nurgle cultist so yeah.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

Postby Imperator5 » 24 June 2016, 12:04

I do realise the battlebarge has been made more powerful, but it also gives the faction their only brawling option as well as really have a huge point cost to make up for it. I would also say that it is still not as powerful as the Voidstalker, a cheaper ship.

In fact I feel like the Lance one needs a buff. It is not worth 50 points more than other battleships.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Leomark
Posts: 19
Joined: 24 March 2016, 08:30
Contact:

Re: Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

Postby Leomark » 24 June 2016, 12:19

Yes! A new faction and balance for the current state of the game!! :D On a side note. When will the ten still locked skill trees for all factions come out? I assume that the current skills were meant to be only a stop gap as it were to add skills but not fullly flesh them out for all factions back in the beta. When will they come out? Another ten skills could quite literally turn the game on its head. Depending on form and function of these skills. Oh and not to mention that unique skills might be given to specific factions. For instance Vaul's turn is completely unique to Eldar.

To sum it all up, when will these skills be added? I thought that by now the newest DLC (SPACE MARINES) would have been generous enough to have this added. Please Tindalos fleshout the remaining skills. Im looking forward to what you will show us :)

User avatar
Ubikuuu
Posts: 78
Joined: 15 April 2016, 13:44
Contact:

Re: Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

Postby Ubikuuu » 24 June 2016, 12:34

Apart for AP change and bugfix awful patch.
You got baited hard Tindalos.
The one time you act quickly you listened to the wrong sirens.

Oh well.
I am alive and you are all dead

Leveling up Chaos:
Spoiler : :
https://www.twitch.tv/ubikuuu

Perturabo-Liberal
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 33
Joined: 22 October 2015, 19:51
Contact:

Re: Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

Postby Perturabo-Liberal » 24 June 2016, 12:49

Drakki wrote:On a topic unrelated to the lore discussion I would like to bring something to as an argument, as to why the Space Marines in game with the new upgraded cooldown on the fighter skill should stay as it is. I mentioned earlier the reduced attack craft capability of IN and Chaos vessel as one. The other one is Thunderhawks being awesome (as they should be). The new one is, that in comparison of pure ships the Battlebarge had actually less turrets than for example an Emperor (4 vs 3, its one dice difference but its quite relevant)
And it has weaker shields (Again 4 vs 3 in favour of the Emperor or other BBs for that matter).
While in the game the values are the same. It is worth to emphasize I think it is GOOD they have the same values in the game, to make the Barge more resilient to Ordnance and long range weapons effectiveness against shields. But it also must be taken into consideration in addition to that, and their full launch bays compliment, they have a skill that actually gives them more squadrons than seems reasonable. All this brought together is the reason why I advocate again Astartes fighter screen beyond the skill and Thunderhawks on their way to the target, unless we want to completely rework the ordnance system, and put ships that are often the backbone of Chaos/IN fleets to their true potential.

There is no reasonable way a Battlebarge could land an Thunderhawk past the Emperors immense fighter screen, in the TT it was 8 squadroons but in Lore the ship contains dozens of operational squadrons within its hull and the Battlebarge Captain would never risk the lives of marines to just be shot down in a void dogfight if they could board it via other ways.


It is not resilient against ordnance though. To make any sort of capable screen for you fleet you need to basically throw away 1 skill slot to take stormhawks on each ship and strike crusiers only have 2 as they are not battlecrusiers. Does not leave a lot of tactical options, does it?
And thunderhawks do an awful job as screens. They won't hang around and protect your ship, so you have to time them just right when you see enemy bombers flying towards you, and even if you do it's bye-bye after that so you are left defenceless. Sure, you can counter 1 carrier like that. Shame your enemy can have like 4.
Oh, and if you don't see any enemy ships you can't even launch thunderhawks, so you can just sit back and enjoy the site of you whole fleet getting torn apart by bombers and lances oun of Tzeentch gas cloud while your ships can't even see point blank due to disruptor spam.
Honestly, while I really like the DLC overall, making stormhawks a skill that doesn't even correspond to the amount of launch bays the ship has is simply a terrible idea. There is no good reason for that.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

Postby Imperator5 » 24 June 2016, 13:19

Drakki wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:I do realise the battlebarge has been made more powerful, but it also gives the faction their only brawling option as well as really have a huge point cost to make up for it. I would also say that it is still not as powerful as the Voidstalker, a cheaper ship.

In fact I feel like the Lance one needs a buff. It is not worth 50 points more than other battleships.


I don't know, I kind of like it because it literally finishes off the ships that my other ships made vulnerable very fast, 2x36 (with a very high crit chance , works very well with the chapter's master improved lock on) damage per 12 seconds plus 3x12 damage per 12 seconds (with standard crit rate) is quite a lance capability. If we were to translate this into TT, 12 lance damage per 12 seconds equals 1 lance stat, than it would be lance strength 9, there is no way on earth a Battlebarge's generators could power this along with the side plasma weapons batteries and shield but I am fine with it being in the game.
It is also the only battleships in the game that does steady 100+ damage per 12 seconds at the range of 12:000 to compensate for the price. And there are 3 thunder hawk launch bays to add to that 100, I am quite sure it would very likely rekk any other BB , and it is not afraid of getting close with those plasma batteries eighter!


The Imperium reactors are very powerful, I doubt it would be a problem, plus battlebarges are more advanced than the usual IN ships.

The other one does 45x3 bombardment cannon damage with much higher crit chance, boarding torpedoes and less point cost.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Perturabo-Liberal
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 33
Joined: 22 October 2015, 19:51
Contact:

Re: Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

Postby Perturabo-Liberal » 24 June 2016, 13:33

Drakki wrote:
Perturabo-Liberal wrote:
It is not resilient against ordnance though. To make any sort of capable screen for you fleet you need to basically throw away 1 skill slot to take stormhawks on each ship and strike crusiers only have 2 as they are not battlecrusiers. Does not leave a lot of tactical options, does it?
And thunderhawks do an awful job as screens. They won't hang around and protect your ship, so you have to time them just right when you see enemy bombers flying towards you, and even if you do it's bye-bye after that so you are left defenceless. Sure, you can counter 1 carrier like that. Shame your enemy can have like 4.
Oh, and if you don't see any enemy ships you can't even launch thunderhawks, so you can just sit back and enjoy the site of you whole fleet getting torn apart by bombers and lances oun of Tzeentch gas cloud while your ships can't even see point blank due to disruptor spam.
Honestly, while I really like the DLC overall, making stormhawks a skill that doesn't even correspond to the amount of launch bays the ship has is simply a terrible idea. There is no good reason for that.


Well if the Space Marine will get their 2 or 3 fighter screens around their ships instead of 1, than as I mentioned above, the IN and Chaos ships should get their full launch capacity, I want to see how the astartes will deal with 4 squadrons from dictator/devestation and 8 from the battleships. If you want them to have the fighter screens without making the other ships equal to their real launch bays option, than the astartes launch bay should be brought to the level of the IN/Chaos meaning 1 for the strike cruiser, 2 for the battle-barge (and that is rounding up). I won't even mention the too high turret value of the barge.
Astartes can't be best at everything I am afraid :lol:

Astartes ARE suppose to be weak vs ordnance, case closed.


Yeah, because having no counter at all to a certain tactic as one faction is incredibly fun. God forbid the devs slightly going against the stats in a tabletop game thet's been practically dead for several years in their RTS to solve major balance issues. It's not like we want people to enjoy playing the game, that stuff is for dorks.
Also, currently we have 1 completely inferior screen on a barge against 4 squadrons from another battleships with carrier capacity. Does this seem equal to 3 vs 8 or 2 vs 4 to you? Can you even count?


Return to “News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron