Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Stanley Pain

Re: Update 1.5.8536 - Patch Note

Postby Stanley Pain » 23 June 2016, 22:20

BabyLionCub wrote:Why is 350 not set to minimum for all modes?? Means the best ship is still unavailable unless I get the right mode, and I CANT select which friggin' mode I want to play either so WTF? Current patch is only a half a$$ed fix in my eyes. If everyone else can bring their battleships to all modes, Space Marines need to be able to do the same! This is just total BS.

Edit: And we got Cruiser Clash and it was still F*ing 300 points!!! Is it because I am level 6? How about making this transparent!?!? WTH are you developers thinking?!?!?!? Get your heads out of your a$$es!

You should calm down, you sound like a 12 year old child with a massive entitlement issue.

BabyLionCub

Postby BabyLionCub » 23 June 2016, 22:29

Stanley Pain wrote:
You should calm down, you sound like a 12 year old child with a massive entitlement issue.

You are welcome to your opinion and I'm not going to say anything against it. I am an avid supporter of the game (and by definition the developers), but I have a certain threshold of what I can see as excusable. They failed at first by having Space Marine Battlebarges cost more then you ever could get in 2vs2 modes (multiplayer and skirmish). This was fine, though obvious something they needed to quickly fix. Then they manage to fail again. Knowing very well what the issue was, but still making a conscience choice to keep the same issue for a handful of the modes. You are entitled to defend them, but when someone makes an idiot move I prefer to call them out on it so they will learn from it and preferably not do it again.

Stanley Pain

Postby Stanley Pain » 23 June 2016, 22:40

There's stating you opinion in a calm, critical manner and then there's yelling like a 12 year old with a scraped knee.

Anastari

Postby Anastari » 23 June 2016, 22:48

Drakki wrote:
Anastari wrote:
Psymple wrote:
SM battle barges had Macro Batteries and Plasma Macro Batterys, both had the exact same stats.
Now they dont Macro Batteries lost dmg and got quicker reload, and plasma batteries got longer range.

The change to reload speed on Light Macro Batteries is a huge buff to SM cruiser macros, not to mention SM are the only faction not to lose the original version of armour piercing macro buff... meaning SM cruiser macros got a double buff in relation to all other factions.

TL:DR; its a big buff to SM macros.

Only the plasma macros and the light cruiser macros got buff. The normal ones got nerfed hard. Marines still get rekt in <3k by armor piercing macros and at 6k marines are barely able to keep up with dominators. Before the nerf, they could out damage them at 6k range.

I would like to point out (In case somebody did not know) a Strike Cruiser had macro batteries strength 4 in the TT, while the Dominator had macro batteries strength 12 (like a fething Battleship, for example Retribution, but with smaller range).

The strike cruiser was already weaker than the dominator as far as raw damage before the nerf. The strikes cruiser's only saving grace was that it was fast and could maintain 6k range where it's armor would help it best brawler set-ups. But now their weapons can barely keep up with brawlers even at 6k and at 3k brawlers wreck space marines even with the nerf to armor-piercing ammunition.
Death is my meat, terror my wine.

Dulio12385

Postby Dulio12385 » 23 June 2016, 23:12

If this is how Tindalos handles balancing just five factions I shudder to think how they will handle adding the Tau in much less the even weirder fleets of the Necrons and the Tyranids. Its like every damn patch changes the game's meta completely.

Anastari

Postby Anastari » 23 June 2016, 23:20

Drakki wrote:
Anastari wrote:
Drakki wrote:
I would like to point out (In case somebody did not know) a Strike Cruiser had macro batteries strength 4 in the TT, while the Dominator had macro batteries strength 12 (like a fething Battleship, for example Retribution, but with smaller range).

The strike cruiser was already weaker than the dominator as far as raw damage before the nerf. The strikes cruiser's only saving grace was that it was fast and could maintain 6k range where it's armor would help it best brawler set-ups. But now their weapons can barely keep up with brawlers even at 6k and at 3k brawlers wreck space marines even with the nerf to armor-piercing ammunition.

What about their bombardment cannons who still treat any armour as 25%, their super boarding skills and last but not least, thunderhawks who are currently one of the best ordnance there is , (6 hp per squadroon, 10% bigger chance to shoot down enemy ordnance, sargeant apllies to wounds not destroyed craft, they have 3 shots each so 9 shoots with 35% chance to destroy enemy ordnance, 40 damage per bombing thunderhawk (or 3 boardings per squadron) with this they easily outclass all other bombers or assault boats.

>Homing torpedoes cheese tactics.

Nothing is suppose to trade macro broadsides with Dominators and win the exchange APART from battleships. The strike cruiser had half of the broadside of the dominator [4x18] (and that is not counting the bombardment cannon). Does 4 seem like half of 12 to you?

<Adeptus Astartes vessels are not suppose to bear ranged weapons that out damage the Imperial Navy, as stated in the codex astartes, they are suppose to support planetfall>
Case closed.

The bombardment cannon doesn't add enough to their damage to aid them in brawls, and the idea that you will just be able to kite around IN navy fleets, with just a little be of fighter protection can blunt space marine long range assault actions and the nova cannons will hurt marines so much since they ignore armor. Trying to make this game a copy and paste of the tabletop is bad idea and nobody who cares about balance wants that. The table top was very very imbalance just like every tabletop game Gamesworkshop has ever made.

Homing torpedo "cheese" is really awful against a fleet with a decent amount of fighters if you can't get close. Each defensive fighter gets 2 shot at each torpedo, the chance that they get through is just pitiful.
Death is my meat, terror my wine.

Teep

Postby Teep » 23 June 2016, 23:56

Netheos wrote:Greetings Admiral,
[*]Fixed multiplayer 2vs2 to 350 FP max in modes which allowed this amount (Cruiser Clash, SPace Station Assault (as attacker), Data Recovering).

It needs to be 350 for ALL game modes.
Making a fleet is so specific, you can't optimized one for both.
People will just shut down then game and relaunching when facing a 300 points match.

Atherius

Postby Atherius » 24 June 2016, 00:04

I am quite happy with this patch, it did bring some balance into the void :D

Thank you developers for your continued dedication :)

Azrael

Postby Azrael » 24 June 2016, 00:07

Not going to lie, I was excited when I saw that they didn't put the change of armour pen under the Space Marines in the patch notes, but then disappointed when I saw that the change was applied anyways. Keeping the original armour pen value for marines would have offset the reduction in damage that the batteries do, IMHO.

Perturabo-Liberal
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Perturabo-Liberal » 24 June 2016, 01:11

Azrael wrote:Not going to lie, I was excited when I saw that they didn't put the change of armour pen under the Space Marines in the patch notes, but then disappointed when I saw that the change was applied anyways. Keeping the original armour pen value for marines would have offset the reduction in damage that the batteries do, IMHO.

Does it matter that much though? The only times you'll be seeing any difference as a space marine player would be when shooting at IN and Orks prow and that rarely happens.
I mean, yes, it obvously affects SM vs SM battles, but AP shells were never internal faction balance issue anyway.

Return to “News & Announcements”