Watch the Space Marines Trailer

The latest news and announcements for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Anastari

Re: Watch the Space Marines Trailer

Postby Anastari » 17 June 2016, 15:06

Bludfist wrote:
Anastari wrote:Did anyone else notice the imperial fists ship with the shield blocking/absorbing torpedoes? I wonder if that means imperial fists will be a favor, since they are a chapter based around defense and ultramarines will be the default. Would make more sense imo since ultramarines are the template for generic space marines.

but in campaign the "default" chapter was Imp fists

granted access to strong def tool would make sense for the banana fists considering lore and all that but i still think it will be 5 favor options for SM and the defualt SM will be grey/silvery colored ships like IN

The default was the imperial fists cause they were one of the primary participants in the gothic conflict which really doesn't make it a default, and obviously their favor wouldn't be in the game because that content would be coming out in June. I don't know if you know this, but there is no such thing as universal space marines, like the gray colored ones you are referring too. Every chapter is unique(to varying degrees) in their own way and has their own symbols. The majority of space marine chapters follow the codex astartes which is essentially a rule book to how space marines should function and should be organized. That book, which the majority of space marine chapters follow, was written by the primarch of the ultramarines. Ultramarines are the template of almost all space marine chapters, and then chapters like the fists, iron hands, raven guard, etc deviate from that doctrine just slightly.
Death is my meat, terror my wine.

SpacePrez

Postby SpacePrez » 17 June 2016, 15:31

PLEASE don't make the chapters into favors. I really hope that's not the direction they're going. It wouldn't make any sense at all and it would be a really lazy cop-out.

Everybody ends up fielding a bunch of ships with different favors. Having one or two ships of each chapter by themselves would make absolutely no sense.

Even worse, I'm worried that one of the factions is going to be the default "no favor" ship.

So like Imperial fists by default, then you can upgrade into Ultramarines or Blood angels or Dark angels or space wolves.

I really really really hope that's not the plan. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT. Just let us pick factions and make all the ships of that faction, and then come up with some alternative favors. Please. For the love of the Emperor, do not make the chapters into favors.

SpacePrez

Postby SpacePrez » 17 June 2016, 15:32

Love how the trailer for SM included commander Dante. That was a nice touch, and unexpected.

Necroledo

Postby Necroledo » 17 June 2016, 15:35

That is amazing =D

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 17 June 2016, 15:36

Anastari wrote:
The default was the imperial fists cause they were one of the primary participants in the gothic conflict which really doesn't make it a default, and obviously their favor wouldn't be in the game because that content would be coming out in June. I don't know if you know this, but there is no such thing as universal space marines, like the gray colored ones you are referring too. Every chapter is unique(to varying degrees) in their own way and has their own symbols. The majority of space marine chapters follow the codex astartes which is essentially a rule book to how space marines should function and should be organized. That book, which the majority of space marine chapters follow, was written by the primarch of the ultramarines. Ultramarines are the template of almost all space marine chapters, and then chapters like the fists, iron hands, raven guard, etc deviate from that doctrine just slightly.

You say that for SM fleets but isnt the same true for Imperial Navy battle groups they why are they defualt with no indication towards a specific battle group?

Furthermore as a fan having one fleet as the "default" chapter would be unfortunate, say I am a huge fan of UM but unfortunately they are the default chapter so if i want to favor my ships i have to give up my favorite chapter in order to replace it with whatever chapter/favor is the "top tier", favor is like say that the best favor is BA, i dont like them at all but unfortunately i have to make an entire fleet of that chapter because they are the best favor
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Anastari

Postby Anastari » 17 June 2016, 15:54

Bludfist wrote:
Anastari wrote:

You say that for SM fleets but isnt the same true for Imperial Navy battle groups they why are they defualt with no indication towards a specific battle group?

Furthermore as a fan having one fleet as the "default" chapter would be unfortunate, say I am a huge fan of UM but unfortunately they are the default chapter so if i want to favor my ships i have to give up my favorite chapter in order to replace it with whatever chapter/favor is the "top tier", favor is like say that the best favor is BA, i dont like them at all but unfortunately i have to make an entire fleet of that chapter because they are the best favor

That's because the imperial navy is really all a part of the same thing. Not like the space marines. Each space marine chapter is autonomous from the Imperium just like the adeptus mechanicus. Each one has their own set of traditions and what not. Not like the imperial navy which are all one in the same. That's why all of the imperial navy favors are from branches that are totally separate from the imperial navy(except for the IN favor itself but just 1 favor isn't much of a difference to matter) like inquistion, space marines(adeptus astartes) and mechanicus. All of which are totally separate from the IN.

Also, the point of I want my fleet to be this but in order to be competitive i need to have that favor is a problem with all factions not just the space marines. Ultramarines are the generic template of almost all space marine chapters and are very strict in how they follow the rules of the codex astartes. The other chapters that Tindalos has told us would be in the game all deviate from the codex astartes and have different engagement methods to the point where they are unique among space marines as a whole. That is not the case with ultramarines. The devs also said they would add the ability to customize the paint of your fleet anyways so eventually you will be able to play the fleet you want while having other favors (sort of).

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 17 June 2016, 16:13

Anastari wrote: The devs also said they would add the ability to customize the paint of your fleet anyways so eventually you will be able to play the fleet you want while having other favors (sort of).

I dont think so, favors ship coloring has become a very important part of ship identification, for example a large red paint job on ork ships warns of trakktorz so at most we might be able to "trim" our ships but not acctully paint them like in DoW 1

It will be espically difficult to create an army painter with chaos ships and their full ship covering favors like MoN
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Anastari

Postby Anastari » 17 June 2016, 16:22

Bludfist wrote:
Anastari wrote: The devs also said they would add the ability to customize the paint of your fleet anyways so eventually you will be able to play the fleet you want while having other favors (sort of).

I dont think so, favors ship coloring has become a very important part of ship identification, for example a large red paint job on ork ships warns of trakktorz so at most we might be able to "trim" our ships but not acctully paint them like in DoW 1

Really? I mean in the dev road map they said they would add the ability to paint your fleet... but if what you are saying is true then what would be the point? You would never get to see your own color scheme since no one runs ships without favors unless they don't have the renown.

Mav

Postby Mav » 17 June 2016, 16:57

I hope that this game will not end up like battleborn tbh
That game just added microtransactions to a dead product
I really hope that this DLC wil bring as some more gameplay changes and when ppl will actually come back to try out space marines, they will stay
coz you know
dead game?

Ravensburg
Tindalos Team

Postby Ravensburg » 17 June 2016, 17:28

Space Marine chapters will not be favors. At the profile creation you will be able to choose which Chapter you want to play with.

Ravensburg

Return to “News & Announcements”